Plano high school paint machine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plano high school paint machine?

Hello all,

I recently went to cars and coffee and someone was telling me that Plano high school just put in a new paint facility and they will paint your car for a good price to get experience with their students.

Does anyone know about this? Im looking to paint my car but cannot drop a few grand in the paintjob. And maaco is my last resort
Old 10-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Ok im guessing noone knows. Lol

A better question then, A nice paint shop that doesnt break budgets in the dallas area?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't heard of the school getting a new booth but sounds cool.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty simple, call them and see.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plano east had a paint booth at one time, I painted my body kit for the eclipse I had in highschool back then. They shut down the shop at east because literally the only project we had that year was my car and an rx7 we painted white with my left over single stage paint. We had a frame machine too but also never used it

Plano Senior high has had a full auto bay since they made the school. They only require you to pay for supplies. I highly recommend checking on your car often as kids are doing the work with the instructor only over seeing final prep, paint mixture and overall result. I believe they also have a Dyno in shop as well. They probably just got a new paint booth, they have always had one to my knowledge though

Get a quote and post back, however anticipate at least $800 in supplies. They will order everything though

Here are some old pictures

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-07-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies chrysler kid. I plan on calling but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. I will call and post back with info. Im not too concerned with kids working on the car as long as it looks nice overall when finished ( and they're not burning the tires off while Im not there lol )

Ill let everyone know what I find out
Old 10-07-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everything is usually done well, the instructor has been doing this for years. If you're not happy with the work they will fix it.

I cant speak for their work but the two paint jobs I did there came out perfect because of the state of the art facilities and instructors help

Quick Reply: Plano high school paint machine?