Recommend Exhaust Shop SW area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recommend Exhaust Shop SW area?

I am wanting to remove my mufflers from my C6 Z06 and replace them with just pipe. You guys know of anyone who would do this? I don't think it is illegal at all. Also over on the CF forums one did this and said it was about $100 in labor + new piping welded in. Please let me know.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used this place a few times over the past 2 decades, indepent owned and have always been honest and great pricing.
http://mightydiscountmuffler.net/
Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Deer Park Muffler
281-479-7655

Any time i've needed some "sketchy" exhaust work done for a very cheap price, I've always gone to this guy. Ask for Mark (the owner) when you call.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28
I have used this place a few times over the past 2 decades, indepent owned and have always been honest and great pricing.
I'll check them out.

Originally Posted by chasewhatmatters8
Deer Park Muffler
281-479-7655

Any time i've needed some "sketchy" exhaust work done for a very cheap price, I've always gone to this guy. Ask for Mark (the owner) when you call.
Thanks for the reply, but deer park is too far to drive for me. I am out in Sugar Land.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Didn't know they were still around, I bought an SLP Loud Mouth from them back in 2003.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Yeah they still around I hope. Last used them a few years ago to weld in my sfc on my 02Z28. Used them for various stuff before and always great service and fair pricing and no BS.
I know they usually have a street rod or classic in the shop at any given time.
OP said he will check them out so hope we get report back via pm or here.
Don't want to **** off any sponsors. Which I look to first when I need anything done.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Didn't know they were still around, I bought an SLP Loud Mouth from them back in 2003.
Yeah they still around I hope. Last used them a few years ago to weld in my sfc on my 02Z28. Used them for various stuff before and always great service and fair pricing and no BS.
I know they usually have a street rod or classic in the shop at any given time.
OP said he will check them out so hope we get report back via pm or here.
Don't want to **** off any sponsors. Which I look to first when I need anything done.
Well I went there and it took a lot longer than usual. Paid more than what I was quoted. Called them up and asked how much would it be to remove my mufflers and put pipe in place of them. They said $150. I get there and ended being $100 more than what I was told. I was like whatever get it done. Took them 6 hours to do the job. I was patient, but they kept stopping in the middle of my job and working on other cars. I ended up missing the TX2K14 dig event out in Cypress cause they didn't get done with my car till 7:30pm. I was there at 1:30pm. Overall I give them a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Will i go back? Prob not. Another thing that really wasn't professional was since they closed their doors at 6pm was taht they started drinking beer and liquor while working on my car. Not that it is bad. Just something I wouldn't do with a customer in the shop.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

Dam sorry about that, they have always been good to me and got me out quick. I haven't used them much in the last few years. Thanks for the update and I will refrain from giving any recommendations for them after your review.
Again sorry, I hope at tleast the work was good even thought they charged you more then qouted.
Just hate not being able to find a decent shop for basic work at a good price.

Wes

Quick Reply: Recommend Exhaust Shop SW area?