New Texas sponsor for LS1Tech!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Texas sponsor for LS1Tech!

What's up everybody? We're a little late to the game here, but better late than never right? We're new sponsors to LS1Tech but definitely not new members and many of you probably know us already.

Let's tell you about who we are and what we do though. We're North Texas Converter located in Justin, TX just a few minutes down the road from Texas Motor Speedway for all of you DFW Texas members. We're a pretty new shop but not new to the industry and especially not to GM drivetrains.

Our converters are cutting edge with excellent options ranging from stock to mild, to billet units to Pro Mod bolt-together style converters. We have clients in the Pro Mod circuit, some on the TV show Street Outlaws and a few members that are certainly floating around here

Don't let our name fool you, we also highly specialize in GM RWD transmissions and are quite proud of our work with the 4L80E and the TH400. We have made extensive research and development breakthroughs with both of them, but especially the 4L80E.

Some of our contributions to the market include, but are not limited to:
  • 4L80E transbrake (v.1 manual low engagement-style)
  • 4L80E Manual Control Harness
  • 4L80E "Relay Mod" (A popular option for '98 F-body PCM guys to retain automatic control or an alternative to convential swap control methods)
  • Prototype 4L80E Standalone Controller
  • Designed/tested (successfully!) the only spragless 4L80E ever produced
  • Several powerflow/hard part modifications soon to be released
  • And last but definitely not least, we will soon be releasing a whole new brake. It is a full autoshift brake that can lock in any forward gear. Current testing has lead us to believe that not only is it the fastest engaging brake of this style, but also the fastest releasing. Install is fairly simple.

Our converters and transmissions are reasonably priced at this time despite the high quality in an effort for us to gain more exposure. We are looking for (preferably local if possible) candidates to test out our new transbrake. Anyone interested please shoot us a PM.

As of this writing we have no failures on any transmissions or converters for the last year+ of business and many happy customers to back us up.

If you're interested in a badass setup that you will set you ahead of the rest, give us a call or PM anytime and we'll set you up

A few pictures of our products we recently snapped to give you an idea. Here's a base build 4WD unit

Usually our converters are purple too but we just recently ran out of purple paint and are awaiting a new shipment from our supplier.

Check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NorthTexasConverter1

Have a good one!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Welcome, y'all did great work on my hero's TA...
Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Best Product and Customer service I've ever received!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FlashWS6
Best Product and Customer service I've ever received!
Well damn Bryan now you're just making me blush hahaha It's been a pleasure continually working with you though, the guys had a great time at TI.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Any thing for the 6L80E guys?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ugly *** color but goode price on that entry lvl th400
Very interested in getting one for my iroc.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Any thing for the 6L80E guys?
Nah man sorry, we haven't been too interested in it and have been spending a lot of R&D time on the 4L80E lately. We can do really badass 6L80E converters though!

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Ugly *** color but goode price on that entry lvl th400
Very interested in getting one for my iroc.
Haha shut up Carlos, there's only one other person who thinks that, everyone else loves it

Hey man, we're actually having parts for our CNC machine coming in each day right now, but are you still looking for a badass one yourself for your shop? May have some questions for you if so, I know you used to be a pretty good machinist
Old 05-14-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthTexasConverter
Haha shut up Carlos, there's only one other person who thinks that, everyone else loves it
Wonder who that other person is. . . . .
Old 05-14-2014, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Wonder who that other person is. . . . .
Some one-upper whose opinion is null and void here

By the way man, did the video I uploaded and sent you the link to download when you got home?
Old 05-14-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

These guys have AMAZING customer service!! I will never hesitate to call these guys again when I need trans/converter work in the future.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Y87bird00
These guys have AMAZING customer service!! I will never hesitate to call these guys again when I need trans/converter work in the future.
Oh man Nick coming from left field outta nowhere! Almost never see you post on here man, thank you very much! Hit me up whenever you're up in this neck of the woods and swing by the shop, you're always welcome!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Bummer, guess I need to do a 4L80E swap lol
Old 05-14-2014, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some one-upper whose opinion is null and void here

By the way man, did the video I uploaded and sent you the link to download when you got home?
One upper here, lol. Yes the video did work. Thank you much sir.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Bummer, guess I need to do a 4L80E swap lol
Haha sorry about that man! They're just not a workable enough unit for the serious applications we deal with, and a lot of their survival is in the hands of a tuner and not the builder.

I've gotten a few calls lately from some disgruntled 5th gen owners who have gone through a 6L80E or two and are tired of it, the swap to a 4L80E is becoming more and more popular. Hit me up if you ever want to pull the trigger, I love working with local guys and you seem like you'd be a good candidate for testing our new transbrake if that piques your curiosity

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
One upper here, lol. Yes the video did work. Thank you much sir.
You're damn right haha!

And good to hear man, that thing was getting to you one way or another, even if I had to mail it on a USB stick.

By the way, we were talking yesterday and had to put a reminder that we owe you a T-shirt or two. New logo is finally done just waiting for the .psd and vector files from the design company
Old 05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 132 Likes on 113 Posts

Any idea on a better converter than the GM B82 for my 2002 4L85E to go behind my L31 marine intake swapped Lunati 218/228 cammed 5.7 Vortec in my G1500 Express van?? Thinking something with an aggressive STR and about 2,600-2,800 stall speed Something that doesn't weigh 100 lbs when filled with fluid would be nice. I am about to go from 3.42 gears to 4.56 gears in the beast to get my take-off back I lost swapping from the beyond weak 60E. I think a nice converter would make it alot more fun to drive around town.

EDIT---I filled out a converter form on your site.

Last edited by Fast355; 05-15-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fast355
Any idea on a better converter than the GM B82 for my 2002 4L85E to go behind my L31 marine intake swapped Lunati 218/228 cammed 5.7 Vortec in my G1500 Express van?? Thinking something with an aggressive STR and about 2,600-2,800 stall speed Something that doesn't weigh 100 lbs when filled with fluid would be nice. I am about to go from 3.42 gears to 4.56 gears in the beast to get my take-off back I lost swapping from the beyond weak 60E. I think a nice converter would make it alot more fun to drive around town.

EDIT---I filled out a converter form on your site.
Email sent!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 132 Likes on 113 Posts

Email sent!
Thank You sir! Very resonable for a quality 4L80E converter. Will be getting with you before too long. Have to recover some $$$ from my Titan getting long tube headers/uprev tuning.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you guys dyno the transmissions as well?

Good for you guys sponsoring the board. Wish you all the best!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fast355
Thank You sir! Very resonable for a quality 4L80E converter. Will be getting with you before too long. Have to recover some $$$ from my Titan getting long tube headers/uprev tuning.
Much appreciated! We're looking forward to doing business with you

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Do you guys dyno the transmissions as well?

Good for you guys sponsoring the board. Wish you all the best!
Yes sir, every transmission goes through the ringer on the dyno. I couldn't imagine doing it without one, I'd go crazy haha. I appreciate your well wishes, thank you!

I also forgot to mention in the original post that we're beginning assembly on our in-house CNC machine so that's when the REAL fun begins.

We honestly do have some game changing stuff going on in the works. 4L80Es are extremely strong transmissions when built right but even just by design they have an Achille's heel or two to prevents than from being the ultimate 4-speed automatic. For instance, you still shouldn't race it in OD at high power levels and you should always do your burn outs in 2nd gear. But what if you didn't have to do that? What if you could just burn out in any gear you want AND race in OD? It's almost halfway through 2014, roughly a quarter of a century since this transmission rolled out. It's time for some big changes to start happening
Old 05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Have seen jakes say that 7000 rpm is the max for their 80s, care to elaborate why they would say that?

Quick Reply: New Texas sponsor for LS1Tech!