Quality paint and body shops in SATX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Quality paint and body shops in SATX?

I'm to the point in my build that I need the car painted and a few custom odds and ends done to the body. The motor is out and engine bay had been pretty much smoothed. Still needs some body work in the engine bay to get ready for paint, and on top of that I want the whole car painted. Door sills, hatch sill everything done. Want the antenna hole shaved, and maybe some other misc custom stuff on the body. I want it to be 100% top notch quality paint job. The car will be raced, but I want it to be as clean as a show car inside and out, so I'm looking for a quality paint and body shop capable of doing my car with top notch material and craftsmanship. No interested in using paco's paint and body. Please point me in the right direction. All the reputable shops I've found as of now mainly deal with collision repair and insurance claim in & out type jobs and are not really prepared to spend the time on the car. I'm expecting $5-6k for gm carbon flash metallic on the whole car.

Let me know guys.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Olmos Paint & Body-
https://plus.google.com/117950206034...ut?gl=us&hl=en
typically handles collision/insurance claims but the last time we were there with my wife's vehicle, I was asking about just bringing mine in to get painted.
We talked about some doing some custom work too.
They warranty their work for life IIRC. We've taken the wife's vehicles there since before we were dating, lol.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Roland at (210)882-2757, tell him Steven with the Blk t/a referred you.

He does great work on the side, uses actual paint booth and can do body modifications, he added a nice lip to his silver SS. This are some pics of the hood he painted on my T/a.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

steveo's guy painted my bumper and fender. Does great work
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this post is a month old but I wanted to mention Fine Lines in downtown SA. Ask for the owner Mark, he took over the business from his dad a few years ago. They do really really good work. They do insurance claim work but do not shy away from custom requests. Mark has done all the paint work on my '02 and recently added a hood bird and some other decals and did an awesome job. He also painted a ZTA kit for a friend of mine for a white Camaro and took the time to color match the paint closer than the original factory Camaro pieces.

Quick Reply: Quality paint and body shops in SATX?