Any Orange/Port Arthur/Beaumont area people?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Orange/Port Arthur/Beaumont area people?

Looking to get back into the swing of things and would like to know where to meet in my area without having to go all the way to Houston. I live in Orange. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Having lived there for 2 years recently, the car scene is pretty grim. There are the occasional "car shows" on a saturday, but most of the time its just the same group of old guys with their garage queens.

I believe the 1st saturday of every month there is a corvette club that meets at Gander Mtn.

Never ran across a group of late model driving guys that like to BS and cruise.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Well that's a little disappointing. I moved here from Mobile a few years back and there was a huge car scene there. I just don't want to drive all the way to Houston. I don't think I'd mind once a month or so, but we will have to see.

Thanks for the response!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm originally from the area, and The car scene itself has declined over the years, I still keep in contact with most of the guys down there as I am visiting occasionally since my mom still lives down there.. Khols is the usual meet up spot on Friday and Saturday nights. There are still some guys that are out and about though.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Teching In

i live in beaumont and yea its not like it used to be. besides every sat people meet out at kholes in beaumont.

But we still have some nice GM cars around here.. building a 427 lsx fbody with a billet 88mm now for a customer,a bunch of boosted vettes floating around, a few nasty 700+hp ctsvs cruising around, 2011+ mustangs everywhere lol
Old 07-07-2014, 02:11 AM
TECH Regular

Have a friend from work from around there and from talking to him you guys have a pretty good scene? He said u guys have a top 10 list with him and a guy with a nitrous 427 ls1 running for the top spot soon. He has a 12 5.0. He was running high 9s on the stock motor with a roots blower, now built and with a turbo setup.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:02 AM

I'd love to be able to meet up with some of the guys. Mobile had and still has a pretty enthusiastic car scene. I'm still in touch with everyone back there, but it does me no good when I can't be there every weekend. My car is far from ready to do anything, though. She's pretty and loud, but all bark and very little bite IMO. Looks like Kohls will be where I need to go one night.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Vidor here, but don't do any racing. I saw a pretty nice F-body Camaro get smashed in Beamont off college street a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if it was anyone on here.....
Old 07-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
Have a friend from work from around there and from talking to him you guys have a pretty good scene? He said u guys have a top 10 list with him and a guy with a nitrous 427 ls1 running for the top spot soon. He has a 12 5.0. He was running high 9s on the stock motor with a roots blower, now built and with a turbo setup.
yeah your talking about rob... That list thing was a joke lol. That was some stuff these fools around here tried to do. Guess they where watching to much street outlaws lol. The list thing lasted about 2 monthes lol.

I dont know anybody that was on the list that has a nitrous 427 though around here. Robs car with the new setup should roll out for sure.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BAMF SS
I'd love to be able to meet up with some of the guys. Mobile had and still has a pretty enthusiastic car scene. I'm still in touch with everyone back there, but it does me no good when I can't be there every weekend. My car is far from ready to do anything, though. She's pretty and loud, but all bark and very little bite IMO. Looks like Kohls will be where I need to go one night.
thats no problem man.. feel free to hit me up. i never go to kohls though lol.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Launching!

whats up been wondering if many people from the area is on here myself... i live in bridge city... another fbody buddy lives in orange... mine is down right now actually.. built it and totaled it out 500 miles later. got another one the motor is going in... anyways like they said kohls... and the little group on facebook dx/dt have a show in bridge city at mcdonalds everynow and then
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Launching!

i know the gulf coast camaro club has a lot of cruises and last year a group of us mostly mustangs cruised to kemah for the car show at homedepot then did some roll racing

Quick Reply: Any Orange/Port Arthur/Beaumont area people?