DFW alignment shop needed ASAP (new in town)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DFW alignment shop needed ASAP (new in town)

talked to the guy at my local firestone and he assured me they could align the car to whatever spec I wanted. Went ahead and tore the daily driver (01 bird) down this weekend and installed everything (bushings, ball joints, hubs, tie rods, konis, strano springs, links) brought the car over and they put it on the rack and refused to touch it. Said they will not work on lowered cars. This is on stranos not coilovers and it is high enough that it fit on the rack, but whatever. I'm in a bind right now because i commute 70 miles a day with the car and it is way off, dangerously off.

Anyone know a shop in dfw who will align? I live in flower mound and work in richardson, so I pretty much pass the north side of metro area on a daily basis. I am going to try and call hpp racing in lewisville tomorrow morning, I have an appointment with them for dyno tuning later this month.

I am going to eyeball align the car tonight because I have no other option. I have a 4 month old I have to take to day care and then the 30+ miles to work. Thanks in advance for any help, seriously appreciate it.

I just moved here a couple months ago and had a hell of a time getting the car to pass emissions, haven't had any luck with any shops so far. Sucks moving somewhere new and not knowing anyone.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you tried the dealership or perhaps LG motorsports?

good luck with your search. ill be in your shoes when my car runs. i am NW of you and dont know anyone either.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I will get you information on Gary's thats off of 35 and Royal Ln. They did my buddies 69 camaro with modern suspension real good shop but they are not cheap either
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.yelp.com/biz/garys-alignment-dallas
Old 07-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come up to my shop, Auto Clinique - 17921 Preston Rd. dallas, tx. Just ask for Robert! ill get it set up to what you want!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Thank you everyone!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you get your car aligned or not yet?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lanes Automotive in Euless. It is a cruise from you, on the west side of DFW airport, but the owner is an old racer and will align it to whatever you ask.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

Same boat, but with my GTO. Firestone said that a lifetime alignment would be a (1) time cost of $160. Ended up costing me $220 (not eligible for the lifetime option), because I replaced the Radius Rod Bushings with adjustable ones. That's it, nothing else. Because it's none OEM.

I need another alignment as my steering wheel is always offset to the left and never square. However, I will not be going back to Firestone.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Even though I was not the original poster of this thread I wanted to thank Robert at Auto Clinique for hooking my E55 up with an awesome alignment. You all need to check the shop out. He was very through and made sure I was happy with everything before I left. I finally have a great alignment and a straight steering wheel! Thanks man!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

We do Alignment at my shop. PM me for address. Its in Watauga just north of fort worth. We have an unground lift so bring on the lowered cars. Lifetime is $199, you'll need to bring it in every 6 months to maintain this warranty. Or buy a 90 Day warranty for $79.99. If you have specs and want it to theses specs, we can handle that for you. But with that said, If it requires major adjustments and more than an hour on the lift, you will be charged. $47.50 per half hour.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

I have Firestone lifetime on all my cars. in the last year, they started being dicks about it. I dunno if there was some corporate policy change or if it was just a management change at my local shop or what....

I brought my 3rd gen in after replacing my shocks/struts and they said they coudlnt do it because they didnt have some 'special tool' the computer said they needed. (i've had this car done at least 2-3 times before this, and never seen a shop need a special tool before). i go to a different firestone and they told me that the tech was just lazy and didnt want to do the car because on a re-align, they dont get paid for the full job. that 2nd shop did the car with no special tools and they also aligned to my custom specs (3rd gen factory specs are notoriously bad). the next time i went back to that 2nd shop, they said they will only do factory specs and they undid my custom specs... i was pissed.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

go to Muffler King in Dallas right off 635@jupiter its a poster on here named orangechevyII his shop great bunch of gearheads there that are friendly and beat most other competitors prices
Old 09-19-2015, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

id like to find a shop that can get it aligned and not crunch up the front end getting it on and off the rack. why is that so hard? youd think lift makers would know better by now...
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
...said they coudlnt do it because they didnt have some 'special tool' the computer said they needed. (i've had this car done at least 2-3 times before this, and never seen a shop need a special tool before). i go to a different firestone and they told me that the tech was just lazy and didnt want to do the car because on a re-align, they dont get paid for the full job. that 2nd shop did the car with no special tools...
FWIW, there is a J tool body shops can get to align the car. there's one for third ens and one for fourth gens. without the tool, they would have to improvise. id be interested to know what they did.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98_1LE
Lanes Automotive in Euless. It is a cruise from you, on the west side of DFW airport, but the owner is an old racer and will align it to whatever you ask.
this is who I plan on using.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
this is who I plan on using.
His house backs to my house, drives awesome GTO Judge, his first car ever bought and in beautiful shape. He knows his stuff.

Quick Reply: DFW alignment shop needed ASAP (new in town)