A Vet in Houston need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Exclamation A Vet in Houston need some help!

Not sure if you guys have seen this, or not, but a Houston F-Body Bro and a disabled Army Vet, needs your help! I'm in Florida, so all I can do is repost this so that it gets around

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/army-vet-l...deal-gone-bad/

Army Vet Left Without Handicap Help Due to Craigslist Deal Gone Bad

By Jesse Kleiber

posted Yesterday in News

After a car crash left him paralyzed from the waist down, one Army veteran did what it took to keep his dream alive, equipping his Pontiac with hand controls to allow him to continue to enjoy it. Unfortunately, circumstances forced him to sell his prized Trans Am, and he turned to the ubiquitous online classified ad site, Craigslist.

The unnamed veteran claimed to have invested $45k in the Pontiac over the years, tearing the Trans Am down to the unibody and completely redoing it to his tastes to produce a nine-second show car. Even though he was able to come to terms with selling the car, one sizable detail went awry. One of the stipulations of the sale was that the buyer of the car would remove the hand controls and return them to their proper owner, but because of some form of miscommunication or a deal went wrong, the vet is now left without.

In an attempt to reach out to the new owner of the car or anybody that may know the owner of the car, he again posted on Craigslist. This time instead of a sale ad, he posted all the details with a call for help. It would seem to us that the bright orange 454 powered Pontiac would be tough to miss, but if you think you can help and would like to see more details, the ad can be seen here.

The guy's Craig's List Ad, that they mention:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4577370909.html

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 07-29-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

link not working
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fixed
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link still doesn't work for me
Old 07-29-2014, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

The link does indeed work, but I'm finding that most, who try to view it on a cell phone, can not; however, I did copy and past the body of the article and the like to the guy's aforementioned Craig's List Help Ad
Old 07-30-2014, 12:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that exact same thing happened to a friend of mine, he had to get new hand controls
Old 07-30-2014, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's just Bullshit! How can someone do that to someone!

Well since I posted this everywhere, there one guy that saw it, who is also handicap; he's going to try to get in contact with the guy and help him out. I don't know if that means he's going to hook him up with new controllers, or what, but it's a start to getting this guy back on the road.

Quick Reply: A Vet in Houston need some help!