Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete

It's taken a while to get this car on the road, but she's finally done with the stage 1 build. So I will get to take the car out, enjoy it for a while, and then take her back down for stage 2 at some point.

I've been away from racing for a while now, left to start building a Twin 67mm LSX FD RX7, but finally gave up on the race car **** and went back to a street car build.

RHS 447ci
Mast 305cc
Wilson Sheet Metal Intake
ProEFI EMS
Nitrous Outlet single stage
RPM Level V Transmission
Fore Triple Fuel System
ID1000's
LG Drag Coilovers
Weld RTS
yadda yadda yadda....

D3 Performance Engineering helped out with the ProEFI wiring, installation, and tuning to get this car ready and so far so good. Here are a couple vids from last weekend when I got to pop the cherry on the new setup.

and

Anyways, hoping to attend some meets and events, not sure where people are meeting up these days, been away for a few years and in that time period, most of the Houston sites that I used to frequent have all but died. If anyone is aware of any Houston meets worth attending, I'd love to get back out there and find some good meets, people, and races to attend. I'm signed up for the TSS Quick 30 track rental to do some track test-n-tune, but that's not until November, so I may have to visit the track before that for some test hits. See you around.
Attached Thumbnails Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete-fast-meet1.jpg   Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete-engine5.jpg   Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete-proefi-install.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

kick *** car , i have seen it in a few of the pics etc D3 hs posted here n on vette forum. cant wait to see it out tearing up the streets
Old 10-01-2014, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

Beautiful car. See ya around soon.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That car seems extremely similar to someone else's down south of Houston.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Looks close but the other guys Z06 that you may be talking about has a different hood close but its not the same also his side mirrors are not black like this one is and he does not have a rear riser fin on his car like this one is .
Old 10-01-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigE_LS1
Looks close but the other guys Z06 that you may be talking about has a different hood close but its not the same also his side mirrors are not black like this one is and he does not have a rear riser fin on his car like this one is .
Hence the word similar. Lol
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Beautiful car. See ya around soon.
Hopefully I'll be ready for you when your car is back in action.

All Corvette's look the same...it's the curse of owning a mass produced car. As long as I'm faster than the guy down south of Houston, then all is well.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lane_change
Hopefully I'll be ready for you when your car is back in action.

All Corvette's look the same...it's the curse of owning a mass produced car. As long as I'm faster than the guy down south of Houston, then all is well.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Different hood, different head lights, different mirrors, different wing, different roof, different wheels, different ground effects, etc.... But hey, WTF, they're both silver Z06's which is close enough in my book.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Different hood, different head lights, different mirrors, different wing, different roof, different wheels, different ground effects, etc.... But hey, WTF, they're both silver Z06's which is close enough in my book.
Lol just seems like there is mine and yours and 2 other silver z06s with carbon hoods all running around Texas somewhere. All with black wheels.

Makes me want to paint mine purple or something.

Also put a new hood on mine too just to separate it a bit.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Teching In

My hood will be getting painted silver soon, so that will remove that from the equation. I know Lingenfelter Chris (Hellraiser) is also running around in a Silver Z w/ black head lights and black wheels.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My hood will be getting painted silver soon, so that will remove that from the equation. I know Lingenfelter Chris (Hellraiser) is also running around in a Silver Z w/ black head lights and black wheels.

Dunn the lethal twin turbo one probably the closest looking one..

but the silver and black thing is one of the best looking combos.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

I said nothing about looks, though they a slightly similar there. I speaking of CI's and N20. That's what separates us real car guys from all you damn yuppies. LOL
Old 10-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Teching In

If we're talking about Chris....he has a standing call-out waiting for him and his 441ci 200 shot Z06. I think he has tires on order, so we'll see if this can happen this weekend.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

I am. I am just ribbing a little. Bring on the butt hurt. I have been trying to talk him into a new build. A good *** whooping may get it started. I know I ain't gonna drop that kind of coin any time soon.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice videos
Old 10-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

If we're talking about Chris....he has a standing call-out waiting for him and his 441ci 200 shot Z06. I think he has tires on order, so we'll see if this can happen this weekend.
Good looking build Scott, good to see you back in action! I'll also be at the TSS Quick 30 event in November. I have yet to turn up the wick with the new turbo, they kicked me off at 20psi because I didnt have a license. I'm hoping for my rematch with Bryan Luna with the bugs worked out in both of our cars. Would also like a run or two with Austin Hickman.

Good luck getting him to line up with you, he'll have 100 excuses on why he can't race when you want. Then when he knows that you or your car isn't ready he'll call you out. Since my wife ripped his *** in my car with my baby turbo almost a year ago his car has been in hiding, and has yet to admit it.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by khenry
Good looking build Scott, good to see you back in action! I'll also be at the TSS Quick 30 event in November. I have yet to turn up the wick with the new turbo, they kicked me off at 20psi because I didnt have a license. I'm hoping for my rematch with Bryan Luna with the bugs worked out in both of our cars. Would also like a run or two with Austin Hickman.

Good luck getting him to line up with you, he'll have 100 excuses on why he can't race when you want. Then when he knows that you or your car isn't ready he'll call you out. Since my wife ripped his *** in my car with my baby turbo almost a year ago his car has been in hiding, and has yet to admit it.
Damn Chris, I think Kevin just called you a ******* sissy...
Old 10-06-2014, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Kevin wouldn't call his friend a sissy. He lets the cars do the talking.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by codyvette
Kevin wouldn't call his friend a sissy. He lets the cars do the talking.
Since when do cars have user names??

Quick Reply: Houston, TX Z06 - Stage 1 complete