Texas personalized plates (myplates.com)

Old 09-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas personalized plates (myplates.com)

I just purchased custom plates for my vehicle. I will have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to arrive at Harris County office on Preston.

The email states when it's time to pick up the plates, I will need:

-Take your insurance card and registration receipt

-Pay a small fee for a new registration sticker (the sticker must display your current plate number)

-Link the new plates to your vehicle

My questions are how much is the fee (cash only??), will they link the new plates to my vehicle when I'm there in the office, can i disregard my old plates?

I just want to make sure I get all this right and have everything I need in-hand to make this as smooth as possible. Anything additional you would like to add please do so. I did the 5-year term, btw

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my question is, since you did the 5 year term, in 5 years do you have to pay the outrageous price again for another 5 years to have the plates?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to re-register the vehicle with the new plates, and they will also need to re-issue you a new registration sticker with your new plate ID. The last time I had this done, the fee was $4 plus the difference in months that your old sticker had left before expiration.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
my question is, since you did the 5 year term, in 5 years do you have to pay the outrageous price again for another 5 years to have the plates?
Yes..
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Launching!

They are damn expensive. I think I bought mind for 10 years- whatever the max is.

My car is still in build status and don't have a title yet- I had to sign something saying I wouldn't put them on the car until it was registered. I just wanted to grab the plate while it was avail.

What plate did you order?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:52 PM
9 Second Club

yes its cash only, im in pasadena and i go to that office. go up there and get what ever plate you want and they will give you a paper tag and roughly 2 weeks later your plates will come to your house in the mail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas personalized plates (myplates.com)