Moving from North Dakota to Wichita Falls!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving from North Dakota to Wichita Falls!!

Today at work I got an assignment to Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls Texas. I've been stationed at Minot AFB in North Dakota for 8 ******* years!! To say i'm excited would be an understatement. I'm originally from Branson, M.O so I cant wait to get back closer to the Midwest where the racing is good.

Does anyone know if Wichita Falls has E85? A quick Google search showed they don't have any. It does look like Wichita Falls has 93 octane so that's a bonus.

I look forward to seeing you guys at Wichita Raceway Park and on the streets!!

John
Old 02-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately at the moment we don't have any E85 pumps in town. Good luck with the move and we look forward to seeing ya at the track/ streets.

-Chris
Old 02-27-2015, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If E85 is your biggest loss you still hit a home run. It's always good to have another LS car on the scene.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

North Dakota?! I bet you're doing back flips! Good Lord.

Welcome to Texas. Thank you for your service.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Thanks everyone! My RNLTD is 30June15, so ill be there in a few months.

I'm going to wait on starting my turbo build. I've got more important things to worry about, like buying another house. I'll just be running around n/a for another couple of months.

What are your thoughts on Wichita Raceway Park? Do most of you guys race at Wichita Raceway Park or drive to Oklahoma City/Dallas Fort Worth?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure hope you don't mind dealing with a bunch of Tech School students and clogged up traffic due to such lol I'm assuming not to many spots open there other than SecFo and Instructor jobs I'm sure there is but not to many lol
Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Teching In

I even racing at WRP for years and the street scene is pretty dead there. Kennedale or OKC area for that.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

I'll be a Tech School instructor. I'm ready for a break from maintenance, the last 7 years in Minot haven't been the smoothest for my career-field. I'm looking forward to teaching for awhile and spending more time with the family.

What racetrack do most street/strip cars go to in the DFW area? It looks like there are 3: Texas motor speedway, Texas raceway, and Texas motorplex.

How strict are these tracks on roll cages? I wont be under 7.5 for awhile, but I was curious as I should in the future. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

93 and meth goes along ways. I have seen lots of boosted 1000+ rwhp cars with meth and 93. I personally am making 700 on 93 only. I am using nitrous though.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

So long as you have a steady job Wichita Falls is not a bad place to live with your family. I graduated from HS there. I guess cruising Kemp is dead these days. Every summer there is a huge cruise in nearby Vernon I believe. Oh, and put cooling mods on your list of things to do. Summer is brutal there.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quicksilver383
So long as you have a steady job Wichita Falls is not a bad place to live with your family. I graduated from HS there. I guess cruising Kemp is dead these days. Every summer there is a huge cruise in nearby Vernon I believe. Oh, and put cooling mods on your list of things to do. Summer is brutal there.

I was there for 7-lvl school in July of 2011 and it was hot as ****! I never thought I would get to move to Texas......I removed all components of my a/c system last winter. I did keep heat though! Hahahaha. Normally my career field only gets northern tier bases for assignments and I didn't think id need a/c.

I don't plan on driving the car during the day unless its to or from the racetrack or for some fun around town. It's not a daily with the a/c, power steering, and ABS deleted.

I'll probably add the Griffen radiator everyone uses when I add the turbo kit. I was going to try and get away with the stock radiator in North Dakota. Oh well, id rather be in Texas anyway!

Quick Reply: Moving from North Dakota to Wichita Falls!!