B4C camaro SS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question B4C camaro SS?

did 98-02 camaro ss have a b4c package.?

looking at a 2002 camaro the guy is telling me its a true ss. had ss hood and spoiler but no badges. no leather seats no power windows or any locks. told me that he voluntary repalced that to reduce weight and has the door panels with power options. doesnt make any sense to me googled b4c camaro ss but nothing.

anything to look for in the vin number to verify its a true SS? or is this guy trying to sell me some bs ?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It will all be in the RPO codes on the driver's door. If it's gone I would move on. The guy may not be trying to pull anything. He may just be ignorant and going off what he was told. Plenty of SS cars came with different options. I may be mistaken but I believe the Firebird couldn't be bought with manual widows from SLP but I believe the Camaro could.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheeseLS2
did 98-02 camaro ss have a b4c package.?

looking at a 2002 camaro the guy is telling me its a true ss. had ss hood and spoiler but no badges. no leather seats no power windows or any locks. told me that he voluntary repalced that to reduce weight and has the door panels with power options. doesnt make any sense to me googled b4c camaro ss but nothing.

anything to look for in the vin number to verify its a true SS? or is this guy trying to sell me some bs ?
PM me the vin & i'll check the oem build sheet on it.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

i will try im debating on goin to see it. might pass on it and keep looking around
Old 03-31-2015, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Get VIN from door and dash, check they are the same.

IIRC, the B4C and SS were opposite ends of V8 Camaro spectrum. SS comes with everything you expect in a SS. B4C were stripped down V8 with stronger chassis for cops aka "Special Service".

Maybe he's confusing Super Sport with Special Service.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not sure if this helps, but WU8 is the SS RPO code that is on the door sticker.

is b4c an rpo code?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
Get VIN from door and dash, check they are the same.

IIRC, the B4C and SS were opposite ends of V8 Camaro spectrum. SS comes with everything you expect in a SS. B4C were stripped down V8 with stronger chassis for cops aka "Special Service".

Maybe he's confusing Super Sport with Special Service.

B4C did not have a different chassis or necessarily stripped down. I have owned several myself and tuned more than I can count. We used to buy them at the state auctions years ago. All the ones I personally owned had power everything and cloth. They just looked like V6 cars because the roof was the same color as the body. Even the tune in a B4C is the same a normal camaro. Several B4C cars we bought had SS badges on them but they were unmarked cop cars that the department added and were not true ss cars.

Originally Posted by jdoyle
im not sure if this helps, but WU8 is the SS RPO code that is on the door sticker.

is b4c an rpo code?
It should say B4C.

To me B4C isnt a plus when buying a camaro, I was assume its lived a hard life if its a B4C car and was a cop car.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

talked to a few buddies and all said the same more than likely the car has had a hard life not worth it.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like those dummies that buy the Vic ex cop cars. I can't imagine a more worn out, beaten stupid car. Kinda like marrying a very seasoned hooker.

Quick Reply: B4C camaro SS?