almost got caught "street racing"

Old 04-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So leaving work yesterday me and my friend left our office at the same time. He drives a 94 camaro me a 99. His is completely stock mine has headers exhaust verter anyhoooo doesnt really matter.

We both left at the same time, the 94 pulls up next to me then takes off blows by me hits second and lets off. I laugh at his "bait" cause he does always want to race me. By the time im at 35mph a cops behind me calling out over the com to pull over goes and gets my buddy brings him back.

So he speaks to my friend first then comes and talks to me. I tell him i wasnt racing and i cant control how other people drive around me. Then he says "bullshit i heard you." Im thinking to myself son bitch how do i explain my cars loud and i never went over 3k rpm. Not that rpm says if i were or were not racing. So i say i wasnt racing again. He then says "bullshit your friend admitted to everything and if you tell me a different story ill have to let a judge decide whos telling the truth."

Spoke to my friend later and he said "i told the cop that i took off, we were never intending on racing" i guess the cop took that as we were racing.

At this point i weigh the options both ways so i told him "man im not going to argue with you. What do you want me to say and ill say it. Tell me a line and ill repeat it"

Once again was not racing!

After that he started acting a bit cooler didnt give us any tickets and let us go. But for reals i was about to **** my pants. I dont blame the cop, just tryin to do his job.

Last edited by 99Wu8Tx; 04-23-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned

You should blame that piece of ****. His job is not to make assumptions. He had no reasonable cause to pull you over, and should be fired and jailed for his actions. That kind of blatant abuse of power is just the start. Should have run him down then sued the city for the damage done by their trash...
Old 04-23-2015, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

I haven't been pulled over for this scenario, but did get an exhibition ticket years ago in RR. I was in my 99 Formula, just a loud bolt-on car at the time. The cop was in a neighborhood with no line of sight and 'heard' my loud car, ASSumed I was racing and popped me as I was pulling on to the Dell Campus to go to work. I am sure I did not help my situation by arguing with him, but I was in no mood for cop bullshit at 0630 and no coffee yet. Long story short I lost in Round Rock city court and had to appeal in Williamson county, get an attorney who found out the cop wrote 'don't deal' on the back of his copy of the ticket, ultimately ended up getting it dismissed, but the whole deal really soured my view of RRPD.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol the whole "Your buddy already admitted to everything so you might as well too" is probably the first thing cops learn.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

The truth shall set you free
Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck2
You should blame that piece of ****. His job is not to make assumptions. He had no reasonable cause to pull you over, and should be fired and jailed for his actions. That kind of blatant abuse of power is just the start. Should have run him down then sued the city for the damage done by their trash...
You one of those sovereign citizens.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Nope. I just hate crooked cops that have nothing better to do than harrass innocent people. I've driven pro street and exotic cars and been harassed when I did nothing at all. I've gotten 7 tickets for 1mph over the limit in my Atom. And gps showed me at 2 under... I got them dismissed, but it cost me time and money. Why can't the cop be punished for lying? He/she should personally be held accountable for my time and money. And my time ain't cheap.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Damn it, I know you have read what happens in here when you poke the bear. LOL
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep. guess ill get the poppy corn
Old 04-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Thought this was a funny story not trying to hate on police. I have no idea what it looked like from his point of view annnnnd he let me go. Ive always been a fan of live and let live.

Also wanted to let the younger crowed know that you dont have to be on a back road with 1000hp cars oooorrrr even be racing to get put in a bad situation. So be careful out there.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redneck2
You MUST be a lawyer...

I have seen some people get some pretty raw deals from the po-po which might warrant a comment like yours. However, this is not one of those situations and your comment is a nuisance to this thread.

By the way can you define reasonable cause for me? I can't seem to find it in any law books.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
You MUST be a lawyer...

I have seen some people get some pretty raw deals from the po-po which might warrant a comment like yours. However, this is not one of those situations and your comment is a nuisance to this thread.

By the way can you define reasonable cause for me? I can't seem to find it in any law books.
Nope, not a lawyer. Although I deal with them a lot.

Your opinion. To me, this is one of the little things they get used to doing that leads to more crooked stuff. Tell them to find another line of work at this point and they can't keep abusing their power.

Reasonable cause is crooked bs to help them force an unwarranted search. If they didn't see it, it's up to investigators.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You drive an atom on the street? Prove it. And yes we all have access to google images too.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
You drive an atom on the street? Prove it. And yes we all have access to google images too.
Sometimes. I keep it at MSR Cresson now, and have done so for the last few years. But, if the weather is good and I can't get her on the track, I will run her on the street. I don't know what Google images have to do with anything.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Buddy of mine was pulled over once and harassed. He was at a stop light and some Audi next to him guns it on green and peels away. Buddy didn't play along as he had his young son in the car. Suddenly a cop that was on a side street ahead and didn't see a damn thing pulls him over. Accuses him of street racing, pulls him out of the car, cuffs him and puts him in the cop car. Ignoring his son in a car seat crying in his car. Cop made all kinds of threats about taking him to jail and wouldn't let him get his son. Then gives him a ticket a leaves. There really are some trash cops out there.

Last edited by Mongoose350; 04-24-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

That should have more than definitely been followed up on. It most likely was caught on camera.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

man I've never had a bad encounter with the cops. And I'm no good guy who never got in trouble. There are many times where I should have been cuffed and slammed against the hood of a car for being such a douchebag.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
man I've never had a bad encounter with the cops. And I'm no good guy who never got in trouble. There are many times where I should have been cuffed and slammed against the hood of a car for being such a douchebag.
This is pretty much how I feel. Ive been hassled but never really given a raw deal.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are good and bad LEO's. I have a friend who is one. He said he gets tired of answering for the bad ones because there are plenty. He said the other LEO's even know who the bad guys are and have nicknames for them, but the upper ranks won't do anything about it.

Personally, I think body cams and the dash cams already on cars would be a good thing. It will help defend the good LEO's as much as weed out the bad ones.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ very much agreed. We will spend tons on foreign aid which I don't necessarily disagree with but let's spend where it is needed here. Technology is a **** on a liar on either side of the fence.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: almost got caught "street racing"