Update on San Antonio Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taxman20
13.69 at 102 on first pass. Slower 2nd pass. Calculating with the weight its only making 280hp. If it made 325 hp which is stock it should run 12.30 or so.
Ah bummer. Any insight as to why?
Old 06-14-2015, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure. I would think the mileage has it down a little on power, but the low power at launch and low rpm is something else. I had the codes checked last week making sure the new coils were good and he found one for knock sensor. But he had the laptop hooked up and I cant remember if he said it was pulling timing out or not. He mentioned 5 degrees that could be pulled out with the knock sensor issue. Just cant remember if its pulling it or not.

I was outside today looking to see where the turbo was going to fit and how to route the piping. LOL
Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taxman20
Not sure. I would think the mileage has it down a little on power, but the low power at launch and low rpm is something else. I had the codes checked last week making sure the new coils were good and he found one for knock sensor. But he had the laptop hooked up and I cant remember if he said it was pulling timing out or not. He mentioned 5 degrees that could be pulled out with the knock sensor issue. Just cant remember if its pulling it or not.

I was outside today looking to see where the turbo was going to fit and how to route the piping. LOL
Lmao. You sound like you have my logic. Let me fix a simple issue by throwing a power adder at it. If the knock sensor is indeed not working properly it can pull some timing, I bet that's your low end issue. Especially if it felt strong on the big end. Shoot I remember when low 13's was a decently quick street vehicle. Glad you got to make a pass or two, and your enjoying it.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Its a real sickness. Lol. Some of us need help. Haha. Im going to get a couple sensors and the small wire harness for them and see what happens. It also needs a converter even being stock. Its going to be a while before i can afford a turbo setup. But i can start building the hot side and get ready.

Quick Reply: Update on San Antonio Raceway