My close friend lost his brother yesterday- overhaulin his Vette while hes @ Funeral

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by romulo13
So should they cancel Overhaulin and Garage Squad? The networks can then donate all the money they would have spent on other people's cars to charity. Do you guys watch those shows, or is there just too much anger to finish an episode? What about that show where they give the family a house? Y'all must **** your pants watching that show. I just read this thread and those shows were the first thing that popped in my head, so I'm just curious.
Apparently you have no idea how they work. I tried to sign up once for my father which had a 69 chevelle. Hes had depression for quite some time and has lost all interest and that car is what he always talked about because he has had it since he was kid. Guess what? In the fine print if you are "selected" you have to pay for EVERYTHING done to that said car. Go figure, no its not some free donated **** like they make it out to be.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
How would you know anything about my friends you clown. It amazes my how some people can wrongly speculate about someone when they know nothing at all about them.
Calm down, Frances. Its an opinion.

You also say...

Yeah no doubt lol. I don't think this good deed has helped him cope with the loss of his brother. I know if I lost my brother, and I almost did a couple times, NOTHING in this world would help me deal with losing him.
Well I HAVE lost my brother and something like that would help.

Last edited by DSIM; 07-07-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSIM
Calm down, Frances. Its an opinion.
That's not an opinion, that's speculation.

Originally Posted by DSIM
You also say...
Well I HAVE lost my brother and something like that would help.
That's your opinion, obviously many here disagree about that including me.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

That's not an opinion, that's speculation.
Either way, no reason to get all huffy about it.

That's your opinion, obviously many here disagree about that including me.
How many of these people have actually lost their brother?

Did I donate? No, because I dont know the guy. However, I completely understand WHY he did it and he should be commended for it instead of being pounced on. Someday karma will make it all better thou.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the networks that play these shows to sell advertising and get ratings.

Those shows also don't ask me to donate to them to build someone's car that I don't know.

Not the same at all really.

i will say again that this was a very nice gesture and I am glad the individual was excited by the surprise. I am not trying to take anything away from that.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Nice gesture for sure.

Wonder if my story can get me something.

And this is all true. I should have a book written about my life and maybe get rich.
I was adopted very young. Had 2 fathers and 3 mothers by the age of 10.
Only met my real dad 2 times before I was 10 and he was drunk both times.
My mother left him for being an alcoholic wife beater before I was born. He died of cancer and was buried about 8 years ago.
My mother had issues mentally and couldn't raise me.
I had 2 sisters and 1 brother, all older.
Saw my brother last when I was 12 and haven't seen him since, he lives near Dallas somewhere. I am now 47.
Youngest sister joined the mafia in Brownsville when she was 14 ( I was 2 ) so I never really knew her very well and shes now basically crazy and haven't seen her in about 20 years.
Oldest sister, useless. Havent seen her in about 2 years.
My mother died a couple years ago. This is when I saw my oldest sister. Brother and other sister didn't even show up.
My adopted mother was my aunt ( my mothers sister ) and died of brain cancer when I was about 8. I don't remember much about her.
My adopted dad raised me as a poor taxi cab driver and remarried when I was about 10 to a women that hated me.
I moved out at 16 and went to work full time. Dropped out of school then too. I had to support myself.

So, I wonder what this gets me? Nothing was ever given to me. I worked for all that I have. Yep, its depressing sometimes but life goes on. Hell I didn't even mention my first wife that cheated on me with a guy I knew. Its been a hell of a ride so far.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^ damn, I guess I should go give my folks and family a big hug.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think this has been beaten to death by now. I will comment on it though. I think the initial gesture was one of good intention. However, the moment the op posted what he was doing on this forum I think it lost any notion of good gesture and became look at what a great guy I am. I could be wrong......I've been through a bad motorcycle accident and lost partial use of both legs. I will say the people who genuinely want to come lend a hand are not puffing out their chests and saying "look at me I'm helping Marty reach bolts he can't get to, or laying under the car to lend a hand." I've had one so called "friend" who did do that. Needless to say he's no longer a part of my life. That said again I think the initial intent was good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

Well said. Its my thought too from the beginning. I would help any of my friends the same but do it myself.

And yes. Love your family and friends and let them know. You never know the future and most people dont even know how nice they really have it. Theres more to my story but thats ok. Im still here and have a wonderful wife and 3 beautiful kids. I feel lucky everyday for them. I also own 3 businesses. So it turned out ok I guess.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Teching In

This whole thread needs to be taken out back and shot
Old 07-20-2015, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Naptime4198
This whole thread needs to be taken out back and shot
Well it was dead till you poped in. Thanks

Quick Reply: My close friend lost his brother yesterday- overhaulin his Vette while hes @ Funeral