Anything happening near San Marcos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything happening near San Marcos?

So are there any get together's or meets in the San Marcos area on the weekends? Looking for a place to take my truck and hang out a little bit with other car nuts. Its not the same as it was in the 80's when we all had places to go and line up races.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

I think they meet up at Cabela's in Buda on Saturday nights.

I rarely see any kind of performance cars in San Marcos. Usually just a lightly modded Mustang or a stanced Miata/import.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, I heard about the cabelas meet a few years back but never have gone. I plan to go to the track Saturday night to see how it runs, so may next weekend I'll go look for some trouble.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

The only thing that happens in San Marcos is with the schools org during the normal semesters...... Sadly there isn't much in it.. Miatas, ect. Not really a big scene since most of us can't pay for toys just yet.. I hardly see much for performance in the area... Cabelas is the only other thing I know of...

I think a few of the schools car org might go to the track. But it's still hit and miss..
Old 06-11-2015, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea the tx state guys aren't bad, got to hang out with them a few years back at SAR. They are slow though like big bird said.

Go check out Cabela's, there is usually a good mix of fast/slow old/new cars out there. Don't go to the carl's junior meet, that's all ricers.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Yea not much in the org.. We are to slow...

We do have a member that is putting a 6266 on his focus st. Also have a member with a fully built exo X and he is building a miata as well.

I plan in having my sbc s10 done after the summer so hopefully that is here as well..

Quick Reply: Anything happening near San Marcos?