Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm a bit disappointed by all the statements about how "you can relate" to such and such, so it is better to you. It is interesting to see how the Democratic leaders have conditioned you to engage in the class warfare nonsense.

That is the problem with our country nowadays, people would rather "relate" to mediocre and live content. Those who I know that have grown their own success would be the complete opposite, they strive for better things in life. They "relate" to a lifestyle that they desire, not the one they settle for. Haven't you heard that success is also influenced by those you surround yourself with? That statement is mostly true. Being around success, conditions you to make decisions like successful people do.

If some of you really think that these rich people were all handed their wealth, and that they do not bust *** at work, you are sadly mistaken and naive. I do not know any lazy rich *****, who earned their way to that level. These guys would work circles around most of us.

But alas, it costs nothing to hate, and requires no effort to do so.

Tony
Old 07-03-2015, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'm a bit disappointed by all the statements about how "you can relate" to such and such, so it is better to you. It is interesting to see how the Democratic leaders have conditioned you to engage in the class warfare nonsense.

That is the problem with our country nowadays, people would rather "relate" to mediocre and live content. Those who I know that have grown their own success would be the complete opposite, they strive for better things in life. They "relate" to a lifestyle that they desire, not the one they settle for. Haven't you heard that success is also influenced by those you surround yourself with? That statement is mostly true. Being around success, conditions you to make decisions like successful people do.

If some of you really think that these rich people were all handed their wealth, and that they do not bust *** at work, you are sadly mistaken and naive. I do not know any lazy rich *****, who earned their way to that level. These guys would work circles around most of us.

Tony
Can you make that in a plaque so I can post it on the wall.. Lots of haters in these parts. Well said Tony..

Last edited by BADMOON; 07-03-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Tony
Well said.
A guy that goes from taking the metro in the hood to buying a brand new Bentley continental gt cash money and drives a Italia 458 is fine by me.
I'm seeing what this guy has done to improve his wealth. That I'm employed by now.(no fancy watch needed! -joke) It's true this person is operating 24/7 trying find new ways to improve profits n business. I'm learning alot from him and hopefully I can be a fraction of what he's done. Now I see alot of errors I made when I went out on my own n with a partner. But I'm learning from my **** UPS and more importantly learning from this persons success.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default !!!!!

Hate us cuz they anus . Anus cuz they hate us..
Old 07-03-2015, 08:31 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I'm bored so Imma stur the pot.

RE: Money - I don't know why roll racers get pegged with the rich bitch label. Yes there are some with money to spend on exotics and have them built but if you don't think the SO guys have just as much tied up in their cars you're fooling yourself. Granted the SO guys turn their own wrenches but I still don't see the reason to hate on bought VS: built.

RE: Skill - I don't think drag racing requires some extreme skill level above and beyond roll racing. Especially if you're in an auto, wait for the light, mash the pedal, done. Now banging gears is different (launching) and does require experience to get it right (obviously my launch needs some work based on my trap speed VS: ET) but it also takes some level of skill to pace someone while brake boosting and listening for the honks or waiting for the guy to jump. There are also plenty of us who do both. Look at Dui for example.

Haters gonna hate, I know that, so hate on. Whatevs.

The ability to cut a light and work a throttle in the event of traction loss as well as shifting at the correct point, all skills that are required for consistent wins.

Worst thing to worry about roll racing is missing a gear. Assuming you have competitive power.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
The ability to cut a light and work a throttle in the event of traction loss as well as shifting at the correct point, all skills that are required for consistent wins.

Worst thing to worry about roll racing is missing a gear. Assuming you have competitive power.

"Worst thing to worry about" is nothing more than uneducated speculation.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default !!!!!!!

Are we really comparing Street Outlaw cars to the TI cars? Lets go ahead and rebeat this dead horse. Those OKC cars are motherfuckin racecars.. They dont drive them to events,they dont have ac, power steering no creature comforts and cant run on pump gas. That is a racecar!!! The TI cars that drive out to the event far more impress me than a racecar. A streetcar that has AC and runs 9s is more impressive than a racecar that runs 8s.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Are we really comparing Street Outlaw cars to the TI cars? Lets go ahead and rebeat this dead horse. Those OKC cars are motherfuckin racecars.. They dont drive them to events,they dont have ac, power steering no creature comforts and cant run on pump gas. That is a racecar!!! The TI cars that drive out to the event far more impress me than a racecar. A streetcar that has AC and runs 9s is more impressive than a racecar that runs 8s.
Agreed
Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Lol think Shawn's (murder nova) runs 8s?
Old 07-04-2015, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OMG.. That was the gayest **** I have ever seen..

That **** was more like Real Housewives of Hollywood... Lol
Old 07-04-2015, 02:16 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe I even got suckered into reading all the BS comments LOL! All I see was a bunch of key board racers in this thread. All talking about what they think is the best type of racing and why! Who gives a F***! You can stop pretending now the Supreme court just said you all can go get married! What else do you want? A free confederate flag to bitch about? Damn! NEXT subject!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't feel lonely. I bracket race and everyone has something negative to say about that. I am o.k. with that because it keeps a lot of tracks open.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sigh.

/Mullet
Old 07-04-2015, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
Don't feel lonely. I bracket race and everyone has something negative to say about that. I am o.k. with that because it keeps a lot of tracks open.
Nothing wrong with the brackets,it requires skill and consistency not the biggest wallet.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
More like 6's, but that's not a big difference or anything.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
No just used 8s as measurement. Not discrediting their cars. But they are not streetcars.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by transamtom
Nothing wrong with the brackets,it requires skill and consistency not the biggest wallet.
Definitely nothing wrong with it. I really don't think anyone is hating money, just stating comparisons. I have been hotrodding long enough that brackets are the only thing that keeps it fun for me because it is a truly fair competition for everyone. No matter how much cash you spend, you are just on another level in HP. That's no fun for me but I truly love the roll racing scene and hang out with some that do it. If I came across as one who was hating, I apologize. That's not how I meant it. There is nothing that gets me going like lookin at something as fine as a Lambo or MP412 C. It is evident however that bad *** roll race car owners are drama queens. That part I could sure do without.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

I stopped reading all the replies, but it seems that a lot feel the same as I do.

And for the mention that drag racing doesn't take skill. You have never been a successful drag racer. ANYONE can buy a fast car and roll out and go fast. That's a no brainer. But it takes a ton of skill and knowledge to take a high hp car and make it launch, hold traction and get to the finish line faster than the other guy. My dragster hit 180 at the 1/4 mile, it takes the 1000hp roll out corvette owner a mile to reach that speed. That's easy.

I for one like to build my power and race the car I built. And kick the **** out of 400k cars in the 1/4. I have a little more work to do and I'll be ready. So start the line here and now. LOL
Old 07-04-2015, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
Definitely nothing wrong with it. I really don't think anyone is hating money, just stating comparisons. I have been hotrodding long enough that brackets are the only thing that keeps it fun for me because it is a truly fair competition for everyone. No matter how much cash you spend, you are just on another level in HP. That's no fun for me but I truly love the roll racing scene and hang out with some that do it. If I came across as one who was hating, I apologize. That's not how I meant it. There is nothing that gets me going like lookin at something as fine as a Lambo or MP412 C. It is evident however that bad *** roll race car owners are drama queens. That part I could sure do without.
No problem with me.

They have to have(fake) drama to sell the show.

I don't really understand the need for it,like those phony build deadlines on these car building shows.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:40 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
"Worst thing to worry about" is nothing more than uneducated speculation.
Speaking from experience actually, but thanks anyway for the assumption.

Quick Reply: Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show