PIT BULL PUPPIES (whats your choice of food) PICS

Old 08-27-2015, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
yes sir!
boy is a beast for sure but yeah these are the friendliest dogs ever.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fed both of mine Diamond puppy food. Now feeding them Diamond for adults, chicken blend. You can get it at tractor supply. The reviews online show it to be a decent dog food. Rated better than purina, science diet, etc. I refuse to pay the hippie dog food prices.

They are both healthy. Last year both of them jumped out of my second story window screen, I guess going after a cat. Male came home like it was something he does everyday. My female had a sprained ankle for a couple of weeks. Only b/c I couldn't get her to stop running on it.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

From my reading and looking around I've found Costco's Kirkland labeled food and diamond foods at Tractor supply are the best bang for buck foods out there (kirkland is made by diamond). I pay $28 for 40 pounds of dog food at Costco and that is basically the same price as shitty pedigree.

Type your current food into dogfoodadvisor.com and read about the ingredient list, you'll probably feel horrible after doing so, and then type in kirkland and diamond foods and look at the massive difference.

Of course there are better foods out there but they are of the $60-$80 a bag variety and then there's the is it really worth it way of looking at it. **** food (1 star rated) is in the low $20s per 35-40 pounds, good food can be had for upper $20s to $30s, and 5 star premium is double the price. So for $10 or so a month more you go from 1 star to 4 star food, but to go from 4 star to 5 basically doubles the price.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted a few days ago with recommended high quality foods, I will continue feeding the pro plan especially during the puppy stages. It would be my recommendation to anyone with a puppy to do the same.

Well breed, proven bloodline dogs thrive on higher quality food as they mature from pup to adults.

Keep in mind I don't buy into the grain free hype just because others are doing it. Do it because the dog has shown particular allergens to the grain type food. ie. Skin rash or sneezing.

These foods are more expensive and in most cases not really needed, it's a marketing ploy to seperate you and your money.

That being said I just put to rest a 15 YO Castillo/Lar-San family member in may. (Still miss him daily)

From the age of 7 weeks through 1.5 years he was fed Nutro Natural Choice which 15 years ago was one of the highest quality foods on the market.

As he became older he stopped eating it and would go 2 days without, I started him on some high fat cheap Food Lion brand food that was 20lb for $10. He ate that food, and gained weight while retaining muscle for the next 10 years.

As his metabolism slowed down he became overweight. But still lived another 3.5 years on that lowly foodlion brand food.

It's about genetics and activity not about food.

Bottom line don't get caught up in the this food that food lingo. Find a food the dog likes that your comfortable in paying for and feeding for a longtime and stick with it.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Banned

Good suggestions and good looking dogs
Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Post a pic.
Here she is!

Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Whatever my woman buys, usually blue buffalo or Purina Pro.

3 dogs at the moment and my chick walks all three at the same time no problem.
Belgian malignoise (sp?) is 50# female at about 9 months, eats 4 cups/day.
Pit #1 is 45# male at 1.5-2 yrs old, eats 3 cups/day. He had major hip problems when we found him at weeks old from being beaten or hit by a car. Basically we got him dragging his back legs so he's front heavy and under developed because of it.
Pit #2 is 55# female at about 9 months, eats 4 cups/day.

All my dogs are healthy, happy, and active. The pups eat puppy mix until they hit full height plus 5 months. Table scraps mean they get less dry food for an even diet.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Purina is ****!

Muenster is what we were feeding at the end of our kibble days. We now feed raw. Been doing so for almost 4 years or so. I'll never go back to kibble!
Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

You name it, we fed it. Kirkland and diamond was good but after the countless recalls and a buddy losing his dog to that food I can't recommend it anymore. I tried a new good at a local feed store last month when I went out of town. It's hard to get our dog sitters to not **** up our raw regiments. So when we go out of town I'll grab a bag of kibble and then give the rest away once we get back.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Since we're sharing

Old 09-03-2015, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
Purina is ****!

Muenster is what we were feeding at the end of our kibble days. We now feed raw. Been doing so for almost 4 years or so. I'll never go back to kibble!
i wish i could keep up with raw..... i would usually feed puppy mix (beef liver tripe) but man would it smell!!! Also, didnt like the thawing out deal because if you forgot SMH.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

To hell with tripe. They love it, I hate it, and I run the show so I win!

I don't forget, as it's their only food. But it can be a pain. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't much more difficult. We spend about 2 hours a month processing their breakfast blends. Dinner consist of chicken parts. We change it up sometimes with other animals/game.

We buy from www.texastripe.com he has several options. During deer season they get carcass. Also hog parts. Anyone hog hunt? Bring me your pigs you don't want to keep.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
To hell with tripe. They love it, I hate it, and I run the show so I win!

I don't forget, as it's their only food. But it can be a pain. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't much more difficult. We spend about 2 hours a month processing their breakfast blends. Dinner consist of chicken parts. We change it up sometimes with other animals/game.

We buy from www.texastripe.com he has several options. During deer season they get carcass. Also hog parts. Anyone hog hunt? Bring me your pigs you don't want to keep.

I use to feed puppy mix, green beans, dietamous earth, fish oil and occasionally one egg in morning. at night i would feed 1-2 chicken backs.

it did good but like i said it can be a bit difficult.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, we feed backs, frames and thighs, depending on the pricing. I have a thread here, I think, that I made about our feeding for those who may be interested. I know I have one on customgm.com
Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

I've been out of the pits for a little while but used to show them. My favorite food for active adults red diamond. The diamond puppy food used to be pretty good too. Who here knows what a double bread Jeep dog looks like? You looking at one

ADBA Nationals best 3-9 year old female 2003 &2004
Old 09-05-2015, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

texas still has some pretty good lines dropping all the time, NC too. I am sure other states do, I just know about these two. Good looking dog.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

I've have several pure bred Great Danes and have always fed them Blue Buffalo - the food is amazing and their coats were great. They never had any joint issues during their growth phases and lived longer than most GD's typically do
Old 09-05-2015, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

nature's variety
canidae
merrick
solid gold

just a few more to consider
Old 09-05-2015, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think a certain food will assist with joints, that will be genetics, or actual supplements. Or so all the vets I've deal with have explained to me. We've been through a bi-lateral TPLO surgery for both ACLs and a torn meniscus with our oldest.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feed raw, tripe, chicken and eggs every other day. But for the most part I feed Victor Hi-performance puppy. He maintains his weight and is very active.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PIT BULL PUPPIES (whats your choice of food) PICS