Lemons drivers needed

Old 09-15-2015, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lemons drivers needed

Just want to toss this out there to see if there was anyone in the Austin to San Antonio area that might want to race a Lemons car with our team this November. I think we need 2 more drivers. If your interested we will talk about it and let you know the costs involved. Its cheap racing for lots of fun seat time.

Info about the races can be found here.
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Johnny
Old 09-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this for the one in November in Houston?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Yes it is
Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

PM'd you my number. The car is in Oak Hill. We have a work day this Sunday if you would like to come and check it out. Also it allows you the chance to talk to the ones that started this and they can give you a better detail of the racing, costs ect..

The car is a 1988 Acura Legend. 4dr, v6 stick. Stripped already and 10pt cage professionally installed. That was the big expense. Some team members have some racing experience with the Lemons, but I don't think anything before that. I have been racing Asphalt Late Model stock cars , Dirt modified and drag cars for about 20+ years. So I am the competitive type. I want to win every race. Others just want to just go fast on a track and have fun. We are racing for wins, but they want it to be fun and not be so totally serious. I feel these teams will push hard for wins no matter what they say. So if I can find a couple guys or girls that know how to drive it would be awesome for the team. I have friends that do this same racing and every driver has been racing for 20 years or more. They are going to be fast. I want to beat them.

Lemons does not allow hitting other cars, or rubbing them. They really want all types of drivers and want to keep them safe. Sucks for me personally but I get it. It keeps it safer.

Also these cars will race Chumps races. This series is more real racing. Contact is going to happen, its racing. So a bit more serious. So if your interested, don't be a pansy and cry if someone rubs you, rub them back. LOL.

The second car that the first team has is a Honda Civic. They have a full team and have driven it all over in these races. Even in Chicago last year.

For anyone interested in doing this. There are 2 options for joining.

Driver only. You would pay your entry fee plus extra to help cover the cost of consumables. Tires, fuel ect.. Help building it is appreciated.

Owner. You would help with the build costs and the labor building the car. Its close to being done already. My guess is it would be around 1500.00 to be part owner for what's been done already. The cage alone was 2900.00. Plus the continued shared expenses on the build. You also cover your own entry fees of course. You wouldn't have to pay the to date build costs all at once if you cant afford to. You can choose to cover more of the continuing expenses to get caught up on the build costs already incurred. They make it simple. Its a good group of people.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Man I would love to but I'll be out of town that week.

Running Sebring for Chump Car next weekend and can't wait. I highly recommend anyone interested in getting any racing experience to jump on this. Best opportunity without spending a lot of money
Old 09-17-2015, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, I cant wait. Will be my first road race.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

So i would be interested but i stand 6'6" at 310 ish would i be able to get in the car? Or better yet could i get out

Gregg
Old 09-19-2015, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Im 5 11 at 190 and the seat is snug. Just build one and come on.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Another supporter here of the Lemons, Chump, and WRL style racing. Totally fun and exciting weekend giving you awesome wheel to wheel track experience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lemons drivers needed