Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the second shop crapped on me. I gotta pick up my truck again and find someone else to do the work. Atleast this shop was honest with me and told me it wouldn't be worked on for months. I should just bite the bullet and learn how to weld it myself, but it's gonna be a 8/9 sec truck and I don't want to risk anyone's life with my crappy welds. Gonna try one more shop, if that don't pan out, I'll have to just buy a welder and learn the hard way.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SickSilverado
Well the second shop crapped on me. I gotta pick up my truck again and find someone else to do the work. Atleast this shop was honest with me and told me it wouldn't be wiorked on for months. I should just bite the bullet and learn how to weld it myself, but it's gonna be a 8/9 sec truck and I don't want to risk anyone's life with my crappy welds. Gonna try one more shop, if that don't pan out, I'll have to just buy a welder and learn the hard way.
Where do u live at
Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

I live about 2 hours southwest of San antonio. Near uvalde, tx.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Turns out the judge didn't side with him, I guess I misunderstood. He got served papers today and he texted me that I never talked to him about repairing the truck and that he never worked on my truck. We'll see what happens. I see he blocked me on facebook too, so i'm guessing he's upset. Lol.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Definitely a bad spot to be in...but by the same token, everyone yelling about paying up front and blah blah blah....I can't tell you how many times I've been hung out by the customer and had to go the mechanic's lien route to get paid. Always good to get an agreement on a target cost and timeframe....and then a deposit to secure the work and the parts.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Here's this guy's website just in case anybody cares.
http://sharpingenuities.com/home.html

I attached a screen shot of what he says about his shop...about quality and BS.
Attached Thumbnails Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?-screenshot_2017-04-21-13-19-26.png  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Here's the quality of what I got from him. A bunch of unfinished welds and crooked bars. Contract said 2.5 months to complete, his texts said 2 weeks, but he took a whole year to do this and said he didn't have enough time.

The situation is being handled legally and I hope nobody else gets suckered like I did.
Attached Thumbnails Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?-20160319_174410.jpg   Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?-20160319_174516.jpg   Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?-20160319_174319.jpg  
Old 04-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This really sucks. I've seen several situations like this and my advice is always go pick up the car the second you get a bad feeling. Not meeting a target date is normal- really for almost every shop; but this guy doesn't really have a leg to stand on for it taking so much longer than expected.

Hopefully you get something out of him but most importantly I hope he didn't kill your drive for this (or any) project.

Quick Reply: Custom shop broke contract, what can I do?