Any father's in here ever fight for full custody?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is crazy to see how many fathers are fighting for custody of children. I am one of those as well. Always remember you are doing in for the best interest of the child, don't ever let emotions or temper get the best of you. I'll give you me scenario in a bit but important key factors. Is your child healthy? Does she provide a stable environment? Is she and everyone living with your child drug free? these are a few of the things you will have to reflect upon yourself. Ask your lawyer about parenting classes, this class will be about a 4hr class that will teach you about what happens when parents split up and what not to do. At the end you will recieve a certificate that your judge can present in court.

Now for my story.... I had my son at 18yrs old, didn't make it very with the mother. I have worked since I was 18 and put myself on child support around the time he was 2. I am 27 and my son is 9. I have paid close to $100k in child support. About 5yrs ago I met my wife, we have two daughters together, a house, bank accounts, vehicles, even businesses.

Now on the other side my sons mother has lived with her parents up till 2 years ago. Then she moved in with a bf. Along with my son. Last September he cheated on her and she moved to her sister and drags my son out again. Well the bf... Let's call him by his name, Ben, found out the girl he messed around with had a baby! He thought it was his, till he had a paternity test. Found out it wasn't his. Well now Ben and the mother of my son are back together. Moved my son AGAIN for a 3rd time. Showing instability, found out Ben went to jail a couple of months ago so we are looking into why he went to jail. Also caught wind that the mother of my son was smoking pot. So I requested a hair folicole, guess what? She can out dirty for weed. This was Friday so we are waiting on Tuesday to talk to my lawyer to see what the next step is. But none the less the list goes on. My son has been obese for more than 2 or so years doctor has asked for a lifestyle change but she does not listen, feeds him junk food, cokes, you name it she does it. Also she is a "dental assistant" and my son has 12 cavities like wtf?! The boyfriend doesn't work, stays home all day he is the one picking up my son from school, the one that helps with his homework. I've asked several times to pick him up from school until she gets out from school and haven't been able to. After paying all this child support, she still has nothing under her name besides a 2012 Sierra which I'm positive she is still paying for. She lived with her parent rent free for at least 6 years. Where is all that money?!? My son comes in torn and stained Walmart clothes that doesn't fit him.

Make sure you document everything. We go to his school every single day and see who picks him up. Make sure and record every single interaction because you never know when you will have conflict that will show her character. We have journals and write everything day to day. We screen shot all conversations which most are of her talking ****. Our battle has been going on for a little more than a year. It has leaned towards our favor but we are positive that she does not have a good environment for him.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Record, video, make copies of every paper you can. Ask the attorney if there is stuff you can go make copies of for them. They charge crazy amounts to copy a single paper. It can save you hundreds just by going to Office Depot and make them yourself. Get help from friends, family or anyone you can that will video or help you. It will all work out!
Old 05-30-2016, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what led to the split in yalls relationships? so other members can dodge bullets.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Launching!

It was a woman...'nuff said!

-KP
Old 05-30-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
what led to the split in yalls relationships? so other members can dodge bullets.
Don't stick your d*ck in crazy. /advice
Old 05-31-2016, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no turning back now I am not giving up my daughter without a fight. My ex sold their kitchen table and now my daughter eats dinner it in her bedroom by herself. She is not going back to that I will bankrupt my 401k to see this end in my favor. She lives in Section 8 housing I have a 5 bedroom two-story home in a nice neighborhood. If you happen to see my LS swapped Mustang for sale I guess things aren't going as planned. I can always build another down the road. For now making sure my daughter has a safe and stable living situation is most important.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
There is no turning back now I am not giving up my daughter without a fight. My ex sold their kitchen table and now my daughter eats dinner it in her bedroom by herself. She is not going back to that I will bankrupt my 401k to see this end in my favor. She lives in Section 8 housing I have a 5 bedroom two-story home in a nice neighborhood. If you happen to see my LS swapped Mustang for sale I guess things aren't going as planned. I can always build another down the road. For now making sure my daughter has a safe and stable living situation is most important.
Do you already have custody orders in place? If not you can take her and not give her back until there are orders in place... Make sure you get pictures and videos of her place before you do this, it will help tremendously!!! If you don't it will be he said/she said...
Old 06-01-2016, 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just gave my lawyer the affidavit to get emergency custody and a restraining order. I can screen shot and print the reviews of her apartments. I looked at the first 5 and they were bad. My daughter is suppose to go home to her mom on Sunday. That's not going to happen unless my emergency orders get denied.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just gave my lawyer the affidavit to get emergency custody and a restraining order. I can screen shot and print the reviews of her apartments. I looked at the first 5 and they were bad. My daughter is suppose to go home to her mom on Sunday. That's not going to happen unless my emergency orders get denied.
Hopefully the judge approves it for you... I think those orders are only good for 14 days, I would ask your attorney.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

These stuff pleases me . I see this and I think , " Ah job security . "
So glad I am a lawyer
Old 06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Yep the family court system is a huge scam.. They drag **** way out to help the attorneys make more money.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Teching In

I'm a newer member here but I was able to get custody of my son about 5 years ago. There is a bunch of good advice on here already, I'll just add keep yourself top notch. Every accusation is merit less unless you have proof. Ignore her false accusations (if she makes any). You need to prove you can provide a more stable environment for your kid(s).

Someone else on here already said go for the Jugular and I completely agree. Go for far more than you are willing to settle for, do not back down. It will put pressure on her and she will either make more mistakes or become a better parent. Both are good outcomes.

The right attorney will help you navigate this, and it may take a while. Just hang in there, do everything right on your side and document/record or whatever she's doing wrong.

My result took 1.5 years, cost about $7k. Cost her $0. I have full custody, she gets supervised visits every other weekend at her moms. I don't receive any support, but I didn't want any anyway. She's broke but not because of me. I have sole rights and the tax exemption.

Also even though her friends and family might be on your side, be careful about the information you let them have. Get as much as you can from them, just think about what you tell them.

Good Luck! It will work out
Old 06-07-2016, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They filed with the court yesterday. I'm waiting to hear once it's signed so I can go get my daughter. The affidavit and restraining order are brutal. My ex is going to be pissed. I requested my daughter not be around when she is served.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

She was finally served. She cursed the process server out after she figured out what was going on. I was shocked she did not contact me at all. Wednesday the 29th we see the judge and if everything goes as planned she will have to get a drug test right after court.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did they give you custody till you go to court?

Mt ex wife called the police when she was being served and told them that someone was trying to break into her house. The surrounded the mans truck and detained him for a few minutes until he was able to prove what he was doing. He know she was home so he just was sitting and waiting to serve her.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I have custody and a restraining order. On the 29th the judge can modify it though.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's awesome, hopefully there is no change and she gets to stay with you.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear, bad03snake, you and me are damn near going through the same issues. I just picked up my son about 3 weeks ago due to her failing a surprise drug test that we asked for. Today we had court for our temporary hearing. We are keeping him, I am no longer paying child support, she is to pay $470 a month and is to provide insurance. She gets supervised visits on the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekends sat: 10-6, sun: 12-8. All she asked for was for me to finish paying what I owe. 2 months behind plus this month. Total of $2100, which I was perfectly fine doing. All she's cared about is the money. I couldn't put it any simpler than what my wife said, don't poke at the hornets nest and expect to not be stung. We have so much proof of bad parenting, it is insane. Record EVERY single conversation in person or through the phone, save every single text. I have a 40min video of her and her boyfriend admitting to so many things. I've been blessed and it is insane to think about. I paid a flat rate of $4k and my lawyer has taken us from having standard visitation to now being the legal guardians. Every time we've gone to court we have gained more. Only other charges have been quite a few subpoenas about $500 more but I think that is still a damn good price.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have court today. Please say an prayer and wish me luck. it's going to be a battle for sure.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have court today. Please say an prayer and wish me luck. it's going to be a battle for sure.
Best of luck! hope the judge sees what's going on and leaves her with you...

Quick Reply: Any father's in here ever fight for full custody?