San Antonio paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default San Antonio paint

Got a red WS6hood that I need to paint black along with the headlight covers and maybe front bumper. Anybody know a good shop?? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

What part of San Antonio?

I'm north and bracken collision is good. He's done several things for myself and buddies of mine. Reasonably priced and good quality work IMO.

Whatever you do, don't use bob Haynes custom coach works.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scj

I'm north and bracken collision is good. He's done several things for myself and buddies of mine. Reasonably priced and good quality work IMO.

Im on the SE side of town. Where exactly is it located?
Old 06-16-2016, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scj

Have you ever had him do a full car? I need to get my notch painted this fall
Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 PM
scj
TECH Addict

North of 1604 on hwy 281. Near bulverde.

I've never had him do a full car, but he did a a buddy's 1st gen cummins paint work. Top notch show quality finish IMO. It's not complete yet actually, still had to take truck back for him to put bed and front clip all back on it
Old 06-21-2016, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a C6 hood painted black as well. I wonder if they are the same colors black?
Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cwylie
I need a C6 hood painted black as well. I wonder if they are the same colors black?
Blacks are just like any other color. They come in different tints, shades, pearls just to name a few. It's honestly 1 of if not the hardest to match/ repair. Black shows flaws very well.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spoke with bob Haynes custom coach works about painting my engine bay. They told me I had to paint the entire car to do so. They also requested I leave my car for up to 60 days. In the same breath they told me I would have 72 Hrs to pick it up after payment or storage fees could be accessed. I ran from them like they had the black plague. I ended up painting the engine bay myself.

Last edited by Nismo Kid; 06-21-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.necustomscollision.com/
hit this guys up they do all the work to my trans am!!!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nismo Kid
I spoke with bob Haynes custom coach works about painting my engine bay. They told me I had to paint the entire car to do so. They also requested I leave my car for up to 60 days. In the same breath they told me I would have 72 Hrs to pick it up after payment or storage fees could be accessed. I ran from them like they had the black plague. I ended up painting the engine bay myself.
They did the paint and body work on my car/engine bay unfortunately and it was less than a bad experience. Seriously a joke of a shop, sub par work, too expensive, and too extremely too long. I was told 90days start to finish which was a full repaint, door Jambs, trunk jambs and finishing out the body work in the engine bay I had started and painting it aswell. The car was in roller form, no engine, car was completely disassembled in exception of rear bumper and doors. All handles/ lights, and weather stripping was removed prior to giving them the car. This was really just as ready to paint as you could possibly have given a car to someone. They were responsible for almost no disassembly or reassembly. 90 days goes by, the car isn't even touched. Sometime later they call me and say they're having problems with the engine bay. I immediately go by to look at the car and the only thing that's done is the engine bay is in primer and all of it is got cracks in it like those "cracked" finish paints on furniture. They advise me that they're going to sand it all back down and refinish it and that's that. At this point they have had the car somewhere around 4 months. The next time I go in they've got a guy in the engine bay doing a lot of sanding. Some weeks later they shoot the engine bay in primer again and it really does look good. At this point I would say it's been there 5-6 months and the only thing that's been done is the engine bay bodywork and primer (twice). I pick my color and confirm it once they spray out a color card and I look it again with a sun gun. They assure me painting the rest of the car will only take a week or two and I leave. Several months go by and I don't hear anything. At this point it's been 8 months or so. I get a call that they shot color and I go check it out. The engine bay is shot and in clear at this point and the rear quarter panels and jambs are all shot with base coat, no clear. They have all the remaining parts on stands and are doing body work on these parts at that time. They advise me it shouldn't take anymore than a few days to complete the rest of the car and have it returned to me. I can't say it was too much longer but in the grand scheme of things before it was complete and returned to me it had been 9-10 months total since it was dropped off. I never had the time to check the car out once complete at their shop due to work but upon completion they call me and want final payment before they can deliver the car to my house. The bill was $2k higher than what I was quoted. I ask to speak to bob and pretty much get told that because they had to do the engine bay twice I had to pay for the extra labor/material from their **** up. I'm more than pissed off but I don't have the time to really deal with it and want my car back. I agree to split the difference with him and pay $1k more than I was expecting.( totally bs) but I don't have the time to deal with this. Again I haven't even seen the car at this point prior to delivery. They deliver the car that evening and it's almost dark. Not a whole lot to see that evening. The next day I do a more thorough inspection of the work and I'm less than pleased. The paint for the most part as a whole needs to be buffed again because it has swirls and wet sanding makes still visible in a lot of areas. I don't think they blocked the car at all. Just as wavy as these cars come from the factory. One of my quarter panels has a ding still in it that was there prior to having the car painted. There are runs inside both door jambs in the clear. What a ******* joke. A lot of the paint flaws can be sanded/ buffed out but the overal experience, cost, and the ding still left in my quarter cannot be fixed less repainting that quarter at least. I called and discussed all this and was told there wasn't anything they could do. I was sol. Only solution they would offer was to buff the car again, which I declined graciously. Definitely beware of these guys. I think they're capable of doing good quality work, but they didn't for me, and they didn't care after they were paid. Unfortunately that was my mistake and lesson. The car will get buffed again and look decent IMO, but I paid for a show quality finish not this sub par **** job I got. Sorry to hijack this. Just wanted to share my experience. Don't use these guys.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. Interesting stuff. Ive heard some bad stories from some shops as well.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scj

I had a bad experience with Bracken a few years ago. My car ended up taking 2 weeks longer than they said it would. My hood and front bumper were way out of alignment and they didn't even want to take the time to line everything up to get it nice and tight. Had to go up there multiple times to see what was going on. I don't recommend them. Just my .02

Quick Reply: San Antonio paint