Maaco in SE Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

UPDATE:
I went into Maaco off N Main in pearland today and got an estimate. They quoted me $3775 out the door.

This is using Cyber Grey Dupont paint, dual stage, door jams, removing parts for total coverage, etc.

The paint on the car now is very rough. everytime I wash it, clear coat comes off in sheets. There is a tennis ball sized dent in the driver side rocker with a few other dings but thats about it as far as damage. The paint on the nose is the worst part. It's through to the plastic.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
UPDATE:
I went into Maaco off N Main in pearland today and got an estimate. They quoted me $3775 out the door.

This is using Cyber Grey Dupont paint, dual stage, door jams, removing parts for total coverage, etc.

The paint on the car now is very rough. everytime I wash it, clear coat comes off in sheets. There is a tennis ball sized dent in the driver side rocker with a few other dings but thats about it as far as damage. The paint on the nose is the worst part. It's through to the plastic.

What do you guys think?
For that price, you should check out some better shops. You are close to quality paint job territory. For that $$$ I would go with a shop that only does good work and is used to doing things right. Richey is likely to be more than that. There is a place in Spring Branch called Memorial Paint and Body. They do good work for a reasonable price. I would check with them.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you see any of their work?
Old 07-23-2016, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 383 Posts

Dam that bird looks good!!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Did you see any of their work?
Yea, they had a few completed cars sitting outside. Didn't look bad to me. But I've found another guy to do the work.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
For that price, you should check out some better shops. You are close to quality paint job territory. For that $$$ I would go with a shop that only does good work and is used to doing things right. Richey is likely to be more than that. There is a place in Spring Branch called Memorial Paint and Body. They do good work for a reasonable price. I would check with them.
EXACTLY

They do **** work all day every day and then one car comes in for a top quality job, those **** work habits are likely to be used on your car.

As I said earlier in this post, my dad paid them $3,000 to paint his jeep and it looks like ****!

The best place will be a place that does custom paint, not a shop that thrives on how fast they can turn out work while offering the lowest prices. Two completely different approaches to the quality of work between those kinds of shops.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
EXACTLY

They do **** work all day every day and then one car comes in for a top quality job, those **** work habits are likely to be used on your car.

As I said earlier in this post, my dad paid them $3,000 to paint his jeep and it looks like ****!

The best place will be a place that does custom paint, not a shop that thrives on how fast they can turn out work while offering the lowest prices. Two completely different approaches to the quality of work between those kinds of shops.
whos that in your avatar?
Old 08-10-2016, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
whos that in your avatar?
No idea man, found that pic about 10 years ago at random and saved it, never saw it before that or after that.

Quick Reply: Maaco in SE Houston area