Alignment in North Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alignment in North Austin?

I posted this over on SSForums, but I think I'll get more eyes on it here.

Any reputable shops in the North Austin area to get an alignment? I got one done at Autonation West Austin Chevy, but the car still pulls to the right. Their warranty is "too bad, cause you might of hit a pot hole on the way out of the parking lot." After reading some about how tricky the SSs are to align right, I'd like to find a shop I can trust.

Plan B is to get a Firestone 'Lifetime' alignment and just keep going back until it is right.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by B1tch1nCamar0
I posted this over on SSForums, but I think I'll get more eyes on it here.

Any reputable shops in the North Austin area to get an alignment? I got one done at Autonation West Austin Chevy, but the car still pulls to the right. Their warranty is "too bad, cause you might of hit a pot hole on the way out of the parking lot." After reading some about how tricky the SSs are to align right, I'd like to find a shop I can trust.

Plan B is to get a Firestone 'Lifetime' alignment and just keep going back until it is right.
If you find yourself in Dallas let me know and I'll align it for you. I don't think those cars are hard to align properly, no car is to me but I've been doing it a long time.

Also, usually with a pull you'll find a bad tire, try swapping your front tires from side to side or rotate your tires and see what happens. I keep my truck aligned and it still develops pulls, same for pretty much every car I have ever had. Either I'm the more prone to tire pulls than anyone I know or people ignore it. Either way, I always start with checking tires when there's a pull and I will find something a lot of times.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy of mine owns Mueller Automotive off of Rutland Dr. in North Austin. He also owns Pro-comp engineering for race cars. So he can do a simple street alignment or something specific that you might want. his name is Gerald Mueller. (512) 837-4632 Tell him Johnny sent you.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
try swapping your front tires from side to side or rotate your tires and see what happens.
Good idea! I tried that this weekend, and unfortunately someone used an impact to install the lug nuts and I couldn't get them to budge even with a giant breaker bar.

Thanks for the referal Taxman20, I'll give him a call.

Quick Reply: Alignment in North Austin?