Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Serious HP?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would have to watch my car being ran on the dyno or I couldn't believe the guy.....I know I would love to do a dyno run to the girl in the pictures to the leftRRRRR.

Sorry couldnt help myself.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already spoken to the owner. Goes in circles on answers. Ithe same graph is on the ctsv owners forum. Ive already spoken to the other person jason. Working on getting his tune and comparing the tunes in hptuners. Most likely got his tune. Gathering info amd still have to get my stock parts back before i list names. The car was actually on the dyno. I saw it there and the 555 rwhp olwas on the screen. Owner had just left. Was supposed to be redynod next morning when cold. . Sent me a screenshot next morning with the 580 via text. Was gonna post on v forum when i noticed it was exacrly the same. Talked to him via text and when he dropped off my car. Wouldnt come clean l, knowing full well i knew he was full of crap.

More than likely the car makes very close to tthose numbers. Ill be going to baytown fri. Got tires and its ready to go.

1 of two things i think happened
1. Someome else who spent more than me needed the dyno the next mornimg, so he just gave me numbers of someone else.
2. Didnt quite make what he said it wouuld. So he gave me someone elses numbers.

Either way. Its dishonest.

On a better note, the car is noticeably faster, and shoukd run very low 11s with a very outside shot at high 10s based on my calculations. I have tracked several cars for different mods for many years. Car ran 12.34 stock in 90 degree temps. Gonna be cooler fri. Plus tires, plus shift points and rev limiter raise, plus nearly 100rwhp more powe,lr, plus a buddy who is 60 lbs lighter than me driving ( i had foot surgery recently and cant drive safely at the track w a boot on my foot)

Last edited by 06C6FVR; 09-27-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR
I have already spoken to the owner. Goes in circles on answers. Ithe same graph is on the ctsv owners forum. Ive already spoken to the other person jason. Working on getting his tune and comparing the tunes in hptuners. Most likely got his tune. Gathering info amd still have to get my stock parts back before i list names. The car was actually on the dyno. I saw it there and the 555 rwhp olwas on the screen. Owner had just left. Was supposed to be redynod next morning when cold. . Sent me a screenshot next morning with the 580 via text. Was gonna post on v forum when i noticed it was exacrly the same. Talked to him via text and when he dropped off my car. Wouldnt come clean l, knowing full well i knew he was full of crap.

More than likely the car makes very close to tthose numbers. Ill be going to baytown fri. Got tires and its ready to go.

1 of two things i think happened
1. Someome else who spent more than me needed the dyno the next mornimg, so he just gave me numbers of someone else.
2. Didnt quite make what he said it wouuld. So he gave me someone elses numbers.

Either way. Its dishonest.

On a better note, the car is noticeably faster, and shoukd run very low 11s with a very outside shot at high 10s based on my calculations. I have tracked several cars for different mods for many years. Car ran 12.34 stock in 90 degree temps. Gonna be cooler fri. Plus tires, plus shift points and rev limiter raise, plus nearly 100rwhp more powe,lr, plus a buddy who is 60 lbs lighter than me driving ( i had foot surgery recently and cant drive safely at the track w a boot on my foot)
Hey man ill meet you out there im thinking of heading out there too. If it doesn't rain of course. What color the V so i can go say Hi.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by soloman369
Hey man ill meet you out there im thinking of heading out there too. If it doesn't rain of course. What color the V so i can go say Hi.
car is 2011 Black. Blue Calipers. I plan to be out there early to beat the crowds
Old 09-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by twinturbo496
It only took about 15 seconds on google to find the shop name.

To the OP, my only suggestion would be you call the shop and ask to speak with the owner. This situation could easily be the result of an unscrupulous employee trying to inflate their personal tuning abilities, the owner may not be aware of what is going on...

Just my 2 cents...

Craig

It was tuned by the owner, and the owner is the only person i dealt with at the shop... I wish it was this simple.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:22 AM
9 Second Club

car is 2011 Black. Blue Calipers. I plan to be out there early to beat the crowds
Yeah man I hear you I usually try to be out there by 6 starts getting crowded around 9 or 10 but it ain't as bad as Houston Motorsports Park
Old 09-27-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was tuned by the owner, and the owner is the only person i dealt with at the shop... I wish it was this simple.
Do you know an attorney?

Small claims court would be my next stop.

And I would delete this thread...
Old 09-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Not worth attorneys and such. I will just take somewhere else in the future. All that is a waste of time. I have copies of the stock tune, and the modified tune, got HP tuners coming in the mail tomorrow, and if i need other mods or redyno etc, i will just choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Well, i have officially been kicked out of his shop for good because i told his GF at the shop to let him know i wouldnt be back and that I know he lied to me when i just went to get my stock parts.

Fine by me, had no plans of going back...

Bye Bye Gforce

Last edited by 06C6FVR; 09-27-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine was on the rollers last friday here in Angleton 7 minutes apart and the graphs were nearly mirrors but not that anywhere near that perfect. For one thing the operator isn't going to push the start button and stop that consistently. Never mind the temp and car variations.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:29 PM
9 Second Club

Not worth attorneys and such. I will just take somewhere else in the future. All that is a waste of time. I have copies of the stock tune, and the modified tune, got HP tuners coming in the mail tomorrow, and if i need other mods or redyno etc, i will just choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Well, i have officially been kicked out of his shop for good because i told his GF at the shop to let him know i wouldnt be back and that I know he lied to me when i just went to get my stock parts.

Fine by me, had no plans of going back...

Bye Bye Gforce
Dame man sorry to hear that . I haven't herd anything about them in a while.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Very disappointing. Looks like LMR and PatG will be my only tuning recommendations from now on. Sounds like there's no physical harm done but dishonesty, I can't abide, regardless. Sorry to hear it, man.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured it was Gforce by your location and being well known in the CTS-v community.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't get it. Every other shop that has had this many black eyes with proof has been run out with a shitty mop. These guys are still working on **** loads of cars that most would jump to work on.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Launching!

That is pretty sad for the shop to do you that way.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes they did.
sounds like they copied the same tune, and renamed the name dyno graph and sent you on your way
Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

I thought that graph looked familiar lol... no surprise it was from gforce... they are terrible
Old 09-30-2016, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

Not going one way or the other, I've seen multiple shops do this. One on a baseline tune to my buddies Z06 pre/post blower 6+ years ago at England Green. It does happen. Hopefully it can be cleared up by all parties.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Not going one way or the other, I've seen multiple shops do this. One on a baseline tune to my buddies Z06 pre/post blower 6+ years ago at England Green. It does happen. Hopefully it can be cleared up by all parties.
Copy a tune in some cases (very few), o.k. I'll bite.
Copy and paste a dyno sheet because your to lazy to strap the car down? WTF?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Doesnt really matter what why how at this point. The deal is done, My money will go to someone else in the future. Plain and simple. Someone who I trust to be honest with me.

Quick Reply: 2 different cars, same dyno, 6 mos apart, same exact hp and tq