Need some advice from an Okie....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some advice from an Okie....

I bought a car from Oklahoma. It has a salvage title and i didnt care about the risk considering the price. Shortly after buying it someone mentioned about the red and green salvage titles. I cant find anything online that is too concrete but is a red salvage title basically a scrap title? I plan to register it here in tx if it is gtg. Also what if it wasnt notarized? Ive heard guys say that a notary isnt required to transfer an OK title to TX. Sorry for the noob questions. Ive often nust shrugged off anything with an OK bc of the confusion but this time i was in a very comfy corner with the deal.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
I bought a car from Oklahoma. It has a salvage title and i didnt care about the risk considering the price. Shortly after buying it someone mentioned about the red and green salvage titles. I cant find anything online that is too concrete but is a red salvage title basically a scrap title? I plan to register it here in tx if it is gtg. Also what if it wasnt notarized? Ive heard guys say that a notary isnt required to transfer an OK title to TX. Sorry for the noob questions. Ive often nust shrugged off anything with an OK bc of the confusion but this time i was in a very comfy corner with the deal.
Notary isn't a requirement for transfer in Texas. Red title is salvage, but can be rebuilt. Blue title from Oklahoma is a junk, non repairable title.

https://www.ok.gov/usedcarcommission...Consumers.html
Old 12-26-2016, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By rebuilt do you mean the dps inspection or salvage certofication?
Old 12-27-2016, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
By rebuilt do you mean the dps inspection or salvage certofication?
You will repair the car, get it inspected, and then it will come back as a blue rebuilt texas title.

Quick Reply: Need some advice from an Okie....