Anyone looking to build a house?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone looking to build a house?

Like the title says, is there anyone here in the market to build a house? I worked as an Architectural Designer/Draftsman in the DFW area designing residential homes and multi-family homes for about 5 years before moving back to East Texas last year and am now doing it as a side business. If anyone wants to design a home or knows anyone in the market wanting to build please send them my way! I can provide samples to anyone who is interested as well as references if necessary. I've attached one plan and elevation for you guys to get an idea of what to expect from my work. I'm working on a plan for my personal house currently that will have a special garage bay designed to accommodate a service lip for tools, air compressor, etc as well as a tall enough ceiling to install a 2 post lift that can go high enough for my tall *** to stand under and work comfortably (6'-5") haha.

Thanks!
Zach
Attached Thumbnails Anyone looking to build a house?-2513-pln1.png   Anyone looking to build a house?-2513-elev1.png  

Last edited by zachm89; 03-27-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Send me a pm with your info. I have been kicking it around. Looking for a lot now.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where in East Texas? I know you mentioned most of what you did was in DFW Are you familiar with all the windstorm code for the Gulf Coast? Do your plans need to go to an engineer from you?
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Where in East Texas? I know you mentioned most of what you did was in DFW Are you familiar with all the windstorm code for the Gulf Coast? Do your plans need to go to an engineer from you?
Born and raised in Longview and moved back here to be closer to my kiddos. I know when I worked in Dallas we had some projects that required wind bracing plans to be done but I am not all that familiar with them as I am not the designer that did the wind bracing plans. I'm sure it is something that I could do design wise but am not sure if it would need to be verified and stamped by a registered architect or structural engineer. Depending on the area you'd be building in it would be a safe bet to contact the city's planning and zoning department to see what they require on a set of plans. Foundation engineering is something I would probably suggest having done but if all the city requires is a foundation drawing be on the plans for permitting purposes then that can be done by myself without an issue. It would then really be up to the contractor or whoever would be doing the foundation work whether or not they would require a foundation plan to be done by an engineer. Most of the builders we did business with took a stripped down version of our floors plans and sent them to an engineer of their choice to have the foundation plans done. But then again in the area they were building in it was a requirement because of how terrible the ground was in the area. If it's something you're interested in having done shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'd be glad to discuss things further with you.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

If you were closer I could use you for my company. Red Oak Homes LLC.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Taxman20
If you were closer I could use you for my company. Red Oak Homes LLC.
Distance doesn't necessarily mean we couldn't work together on some projects. There are plenty of home builders that outsource their architectural designer services to non local or even over seas companies. If you want to give it a shot shoot me a PM with your info and we can discuss the details.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, I just prefer someone local that can sit in on our meetings with the clients. It makes it a lot easier.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Taxman20
Yea, I just prefer someone local that can sit in on our meetings with the clients. It makes it a lot easier.
I completely understand that brother. If you do want to shoot some work my way I'd be more than happy to help you out in any way I can.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Bump. I've had a few PMs from people interested but after replying to them I haven't heard anything else back about it.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Back to the top! I've had a pretty crappy month with personal and legal issues involving the kiddos but I think we are back on the right track now and I can finally get back to working on house plans instead of worrying about court dates and lawyer fees. I hope none of you dads out there ever have to deal with someone trying to take your kids away on some bogus and false accusations and drag you through the legal system for no reason! It is highly stressful and a complete waste of money, time, and missed time with the kiddos. Rant over!

Quick Reply: Anyone looking to build a house?