Removing Door Panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Door Panel

trying to remove the door panels on the car but cant seem to get them off. Its like the window crank(handle) is the last thing that needs to be removed so that it comes off. Any idea how to remove???
Old 09-18-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not totally sure on the f-body, but most of the other ones I have messed with have a small C-shaped clip behind them that needs to be pushed out in order to remove the handle. There is a cheap tool that you can buy to do this, but it is possible to get the clip out without it. Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

I took mine off with the door handle still on. It takes a perfect angle and lots of finessing to get it off. I had to jack with them forever til I figured it out, then the other side was a breeze. But now ive forgot again.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:06 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Like rayosequis said there is a C shaped clip on it. It is like a C then it curves out at the tip of the C so you have somtinig to pry it off with. I took a butter knife and pushed the door pannel twards the outside of the door and turned the handel untill I could get a good look at the clip and took the knife and seperated the clip enough to push it off the handel stem. Then the handel just pulls off. If you want to get a look at what your dealing with go to the parts house and look at the old school window handels in the help section and you can see the clip you need to spread apart to pop it off. Let us know if this helps.
Later Al
Old 09-18-2005, 11:11 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SJRTX
I took mine off with the door handle still on. It takes a perfect angle and lots of finessing to get it off. I had to jack with them forever til I figured it out, then the other side was a breeze. But now ive forgot again.
Yea it comes off with the door handel on, but he`s talking about the manual winow crank. I thought I was the only one with manual windows.LOL When I read the post at first I thought he was talking about the door handel also.