anyone in southern texas worried bout rita? (where to leave car safely?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone in southern texas worried bout rita? (where to leave car safely?)

if you had to leave your car where would you leave it so it doesnt get messed up! id say in a large above ground parking garrage..(not top floor lol) leaving town friday morning with family and gf, to escape hurricane rita...does this suck for anyone else??? oh and the car is goin with me
Old 09-20-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

car is going in the garage with the t/a and me and my roomy will be here to look after them, hopefully everything will be fine. Be safe people.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Dallas, Austin, San Antonio....any of those would be good. hehe.
I had my camaro in my buddy's apartment parking lot(covered) during allison. Didnt get a single drop on her. This time the wind is gona suck *** though. Im parking my car at my works covered lot.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone in the area where its commin in needs to evacuate their f-body.
Rita was increased to a catagory 4 hurrican very early this morning & is expected to hit land around Saturday.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Well I didn't evacuate mine during Katrina, and here are the pix, but as you can see that my Formula was the least of my problems.

Before people start bitching about how could I leave my Fbody behind, I had to get both of my trucks out of there & one of them was hauling my 3 Harleys. Something had to stay & the Formula had the best insurance. I am getting it back from Progressive, so it will be hitting the LS1tech series within a few years.

Click on the thumbs.

Here is a little video of it after the storm, please right clik & save as.

www.kornbread-racin.com/formulahurricane.wmv

It's been a very sickening month for me.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

man im so sorry!!! i wasnt able to view the pics...but i was able to watch the video! well hurry and get the formula cuz we are waiting for ya! i se you had a coil push button switch on it...how did you like it?? good luck with everything...everything will work out...you will see!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope you guys are okay through all of this. If hurricanes keep coming at you guys then you should probably move away from the coast though. I'm sure it is nice down there when there aren't large hurricanes coming but it may not be worth it to live there too much longer.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just made a post in the texas section in hopes to find a garage because I'm letting my other 2 family members put their cars in the garage
Old 09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
man im so sorry!!! i wasnt able to view the pics...but i was able to watch the video! well hurry and get the formula cuz we are waiting for ya! i se you had a coil push button switch on it...how did you like it?? good luck with everything...everything will work out...you will see!
That's my line lock switch, supposedly water proof, we're gonna find out.

I hope you guys are okay through all of this. If hurricanes keep coming at you guys then you should probably move away from the coast though. I'm sure it is nice down there when there aren't large hurricanes coming but it may not be worth it to live there too much longer.
I'm moving to North Louisiana, so's my wife has a place to work, but I'm gonna rebuild on my lot in Biloxi. Guess I'm just gonna end up with 2 houses.