diagnostics question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnostics question.

so, over the last month or so, I have been getting SES lights a lot. My 02 Formy just hit 60k+ and things seem to be breaking quite frequently. I hate having to pay for diagnostics, but I have been hesitant to spend $400 bucks on a diagnostics suite, since im not anywhere near competent enough to tune yet.

As a result, I have been looking around for a lower cost solution. ProScan seems to be a good choice, since its 99 bux, but I am wondering if, as my skillz grow, will it be enough to keep me happy? I would like to eventually (After I learn a lot more) try my hand at tuning, but I dont think that will be for a good while.

My question is this, is ProScan worth it, or should I go ahead and dorp the $$ on the more expensive tools?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go ahead and drop the $$$ on HPtuners, or LS1edit. No reason to spend the $99 if you know you are going to want to spend the $500 for another one down the line. Right?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

I understand your point, but would it be better to spend 100 now and not waste the additional 400 if Im not sure that ill be using it anytime soon?

I guess what Im looking for is someone who has used ProScan, so I know if its a piece o crap or not.....
Old 09-30-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That I can't answer. IMO I would just go with the more expensive tuner if you figure you are going to want to learn. Who cares if it is tomorrow or 5 years from now