Woo HOO. Going on 7 day cruise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woo HOO. Going on 7 day cruise!!!

Me and my father are gonna go on a 7 day cruise to jamaca and the grand camon (or however you spell it) islands. I cant wait. Anyone ever done the cruise out of galveston on the Conquest boat?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Launching!

never have but that sounds like a blast brotha!

Maybe you can shove me in your suit case I want to tag along!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

LUCKY..... [napolean dynamite voice]
Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
LUCKY..... [napolean dynamite voice]
Other people flippin always have all the fune, GOSH!
Old 10-07-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamaica F*#$ing Sucks!!! Nice beaches and that's it. People beg for money everywhere you look and it's dirty as hell!!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamaica was fun as hell for me, went for my 30th birthday, had a blast. Stayed at breezes runnaway bay.

JET
Old 10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jamaica is really nice in the resort areas, but if you do any shopping the locals will beg like hell. Congrats on the cruise, I've been on 2 and had a blast both times. I also gained about 15 lbs each time! There is always something to eat, even at 3:00 in the morning from room service!

Couple of pieces of advise:

1-don't worry about what you eat on the boat. There will never be another time when you can eat as much GOOD food as you want. At the formal dinners, you can order multiple entre's if you want (we had lobster and steak and I ate like 4 lobster tails and 3 steaks), just let the waiter know when he takes your order.
2-If you start to feel sea sick, which a lot of people do, get the little pressure point bracelets from the gift shop on the boat. It doesn't make any sense to me, but they work like a champ!

Enjoy yourselves!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WildBills WS6/SS
Me and my father are gonna go on a 7 day cruise to jamaca and the grand camon (or however you spell it) islands. I cant wait. Anyone ever done the cruise out of galveston on the Conquest boat?
I sailed on the Conquest twice when it was running out of New Orleans. Here's what I reccomend that you do:
Jamaica - go straight to Margaritaville for the day. Whatever you do, don't try exploring the island by yourself. The people there will hound the **** out of you.

Grand Caymon - Grand Caymon is the nicest Island that you will go to. The people are educated and have money as banking is huge on the island. I reccomend taking a cab first to the liquor store and then to the public beach on 7 mile beach. The ship is only in Grand Caymon for a portion of the day, so make sure that you get up and into port as soon as the ship allows.

Cozumel - Just go out and get drunk. There are all sorts of bars (Carlos and Charlies, Fat Tuesdays, Senor Frog). You can also do one of the party boats/booze cruises although there won't be many ladies unless you are going during spring break.

On the Ship - although there are multiple night clubs, I've always found that the happy hour crowds are a lot more fun. The ship itself is amazing, you will be amazed at how much stuff there is on board and how much food is always available. Drinks aren't too expensive (3.50 for beer and $4.50 for premium), but you can always buy a fifth of absolute in the first port and pour it into a water bottle in order to get it on board. Otherwise, the ship will check your liquour and won't give it to you until the last night. You can also get away with stuffing pints into your short's pockets as they only requrie you to go through a metal decter, but your bags are x-rayed.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for all the info guys
Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

I will be going on my 3rd cruise with Royal Carribean on Oct. 30 for 7 days. We were supposed to go to Montego Bay Jamaica, but the idiot's changed it to Key West.
Been to the Grand Caymen Island's. If you have the money you must take the excursion where you go out and feed the stingrays on the sand bar. After that you then go have lunch on 7 mile beach. That was a blast.
I plan on working out on this cruise, it's the only way to get rid of ALL of that friggin' delicious food that keep crammin' down your throat.

Good luck 2 ya and most of all have FUN!!!

When are you going? ad what the hell is the "conquest Boat"?
Never heard of that one......

Jeremy