I'm in California!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in California!

Flew in this evening, client education meeting tomorrow in Tustin then a rollout to my LA service center in Diamond Bar on Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going to be free to do what I want by noon so I'm going to go to Foose Design center and see if maybe I get lucky and Chip is hanging around I'll then take a ride to the beach and I'm debating whether to drive to Hollywood or not.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

thats awesome kim! how have you been?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Sounds like fun Kim! Have a good time out there!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

HOLLYWOOD SUCK!!!!! Lived in LA for 2 years...drive up and down Wilshire sp. Blvd instead and go to the Ferrari and Lambo dealers...Hollywood is just a bunch of homeless people and rundown buildings
Old 11-30-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Doing well I guess, you've been having some bad luck with your car and now your bike!

Wilshire Blvd huh? And where abouts would that be? I'm staying in Diamond Bar.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

You are a pretty good distance from Wishire...The good parts of Wishire are in downtown LA
Old 11-30-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Kim if you see Chip ask him to fix up my ride.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

If I see Chip I'll sure tell him!

We've got a garage full he could work on!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Places I enjoy visiting in So Cal:

-Santa Monica, Third Street Promenade (and the Santa Monica Pier)
-Venice Beach (aka muscle beach - not that I have any )
-Used to ride the bike to Seal Beach and Huntington Beach on the weekends
-Santa Monica hills (hiking and biking)
-Was an extra in the movie Kick Boxer 2 at U.C. Irvine - most of the fight scenes (not fighting, just being in the crowd of spectators)
-Hollywood and Vine - good place to find screenplays and memorabilia if that interests you (it did me)
-Of course, there are always the obligatory visits to Universal Studios, Magic Mountain and Disneyland
-Drive a bit south to San Diego, and you have the world famous zoo and wild animal park

Yes, Hollywood Blvd. as a whole is very much a cesspool. Too many broken dreams and broken wallets. It's not all glitz and glamour like you see on TV.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sadly disappointed with Foose Design. It's a very small shop, where it's located it reminds of all the warehouse/stores down Harwin. Of course the God himself wasn't there, I think I talked with his wife, he's filming a Overhaulin show until Monday then flying to Napa.

I went from there to Huntington Beach and walked out to the water. Then was told to go to this mall off 405 and it was nothing but high end stores. I was wanting a good old fashioned mall that I could pick up some California t-shirts for my boys but not there!

Traffic here SUCKS the big one! Crap I left the hotel at 7 this morning and it took just under 2 hours to get 22 miles! Another hour and 30 minutes to get back here leaving that area at 3:20 in the afternoon!

Looking forward to getting home on Friday that is for sure!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IRace2ChevyII
I'm sadly disappointed with Foose Design. It's a very small shop, where it's located it reminds of all the warehouse/stores down Harwin. Of course the God himself wasn't there, I think I talked with his wife, he's filming a Overhaulin show until Monday then flying to Napa.

I went from there to Huntington Beach and walked out to the water. Then was told to go to this mall off 405 and it was nothing but high end stores. I was wanting a good old fashioned mall that I could pick up some California t-shirts for my boys but not there!

Traffic here SUCKS the big one! Crap I left the hotel at 7 this morning and it took just under 2 hours to get 22 miles! Another hour and 30 minutes to get back here leaving that area at 3:20 in the afternoon!

Looking forward to getting home on Friday that is for sure!

Go to Venice beach to find stuff like that...it is fairly cheap and there are interesting people you can see out there
Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Mustang Moderator

Good to hear you're doing well Kim!

Do a burnout in the rental for all us Houston boys!

Arron
Old 12-01-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

My rental is a piece of crap Pontiac G6. The cops seem to be prevelent out here too. The motorcycles have no problem riding up the middle lanes between cars, got to watch for them.

Venice beach, where is that compared to where I'm at? I'll have to look on the map for that one, see how far that would be. Problem is that this afternoon my meeting isn't over till at least 3:30 or 4 and to get on the road in the traffic at that time I don't know if I'm up for that.