Exhaust questions (regarding state law, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions (regarding state law, etc)

I wanted to put on a true dual x pipe this weekend, but every place I've called or gone to immediately snaps "No, we won't do that" and becomes desperately eager to get me off of the phone. I'm looking for someplace that would be willing to put this exhaust on in the Houston area as well as some headers. Also: Exactly how much trouble can I get in for running without cats? Is it easy to put my old exhaust back on when I need to get inspected?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

True duals is not illegal first of all. You can get a ticket for no cats but its not that big of a deal. A buddy of mine got a ticket for it and he got cats(gutted ones) put on before his court date and they dismissed it. I have gotten Deer Park Muffler to do all my exhaust work. They may be able to suit your needs. Alot of guys like Lonestar Muffler on telephone road. Not goign to be easy to put your old exhaut on for inspection. You need to find a place/person you can buy a sticker from.

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 12-02-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard of LS1 cars without cats passing inspection before, even the sniffer, but it was all in the tune. That's the only thing i would be worried about. As long as your car isn't smoking like crazy or is unreasonably loud, you won't get pulled over under suspect of having no cats.

I'd go ahead and go for it, and try to find a place that will pass your car afterwards.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

keep in mind that anyone can see this and with you telling that DPS can walk right up and shut that place down. It may not be a lot of money to you for no cats, but by saying the place that does that kind of work your putting the person who does the install at risk of a 10k dollar fine.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by stang killer
keep in mind that anyone can see this and with you telling that DPS can walk right up and shut that place down. It may not be a lot of money to you for no cats, but by saying the place that does that kind of work your putting the person who does the install at risk of a 10k dollar fine.
But its just for track only cars. I know what you are saying and Ill edit my post.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Alright, well I'll be going around to a couple of places tomorrow with someone from the SA forums so I'll have to check those places out.