Need some info for dallas shops, Body, alignment, and salvage

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info for dallas shops, Body, alignment, and salvage

Just as the title says. I am new to dallas (3 months now) and I am looking for all of the above. I am toying with the idea of moving up to an LS1 (have a 98 v6 firebird right now with quite a few mods) OR just fixing some of the small stuff that needs to be done. One major thing I need done is a paint job. After 93k miles of driving through all kinds of stuff my paint is shot. There is no real body work to be done except maybe some sanding and a small dent or 2 to be taken care of but I want somebody that is going to do a quality paint job that will hold up to everyday use and won't charge me an arm and a leg. The car is black so it's not going to be easy. Might move up to some sort of aftermarket hood at the same time.

2. I need an alignment. My car has settled after switching to 1LE springs and am getting fast wear on the outer edges of both front tires so I'd like to get a good alignment with some sort of warranty that is done right the first time.

3. Finally I am needing several interior pieces and a few pieces for the front and would like to find a good salvage yard preferably one that specializes in F-bodies. I remember reading about one in the DFW area that dealt with alot of f-bodies and vettes. If I could find a good set of tan leather seats that would be awesome but I think I'm gonna have to stick to ebay for that.

Finally what about local f-body organizations. I'd like to hook up with some local f-body folks (or just car people in general as I like em all)