What's up with gay ricers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with gay ricers?

Some guy in a silver Subaru with a hood scoop, fart can, big shopping cart rear wing and 3 pillar gauges sees me at a light and probably heard my cam loping, so he decides to rev at me when the guy in front of me stopped on the yellow and he went throught the light. Go figure. So I catch up to him at another light and get behind him because of traffic. So he punches it when the light changes and I let him go a bit and then I hit it and went sideways, shifted into second and went sideways again (sigh), so I shifted into third and flew around him and then we came to another light. Man I need some drag radials! Traffic in my lane again, so I get behind him again and then he weaves in and out of traffic and I catch him easy (riding his *** now...LOL!). He darts in between some cars at the light and I get in the next lane and when the light turned green I took off real slow and was waiting for him and then he turns. What's up with that gay ****? If you want to race, then wait and line em up. They always play the rev and run game because they really don't want any. What a disgrace to the performance world! If you rev, then be ready to play.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

He just didn't want to get beat
Old 12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta love the "dance of the ricers"
Old 12-22-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey just saw that you are from Katy damn i wish you guys beat Southlake Carrol.

i hate thoes fagaliscious dudes
Old 12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CorvetteZ06
He just didn't want to get beat
I actually flew around him when I hooked in third and then I let up. Only ricers run like that!
A guy in a Cobra reved at me one time and we both hit it side by side at about 45 (I down shifted to second) and my car broke loose and I passed him going sideways...LOL! When I hit third I pulled on him hard and he let up and wouldn't get next to me when I slowed down to give him another try. At least he tried to race me when we were side by side. I give him a thumbs up for having some class. No rev and run there.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

A "ricer flyby" is a win in a ricer's eyes.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dean-o
I actually flew around him when I hooked in third and then I let up. Only ricers run like that!
A guy in a Cobra reved at me one time and we both hit it side by side at about 45 (I down shifted to second) and my car broke loose and I passed him going sideways...LOL! When I hit third I pulled on him hard and he let up and wouldn't get next to me when I slowed down to give him another try. At least he tried to race me when we were side by side. I give him a thumbs up for having some class. No rev and run there.
Yeah, I was playing chase with a guy on the highway the other day and anytime I would get close he would get on the gas... finally I got beside him real quick and right when I did he nailed it so then I did too... he was in a Corvette. Some people just don't think about "line up" and race but then again some do and they run like your little ricer friend... lol
Old 12-22-2005, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

The Katy ricers never want to play.

Dean-o you live on teh south side near cinco ranch area?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like the same fucktard I saw yesterday. I was sitting at a redlight in the Vette, waiting to cross the beltway (NE side) and I see a silver WRX coming down the beltway (his light is still green), he throws a rev and lets his blowoff whistle as he goes thru the intersection.

I guess I was supposed to race him while sitting at a redlight going the opposite direction?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I guess I was supposed to race him while sitting at a redlight going the opposite direction?
Naw...he was just letting you know that you lost already....

The ricer mind is tough to figure out, but I think I understand a little of it:

1. If a car is behind the ricer, it already lost the race

2. If a car is in front of a ricer and they rip by without the other driver having even seen them, well, the ricer wins again (this happened to me once - the ricer ripped by, revved, then slammed on the brakes and hung a right)

3. If a car is sitting still (Like Nine Ball's example) well the stopped car just plain missed the starting whistle and lost the race

4. If a ricer sees another car it might LIKE to race, but traffic won't let it happen, the ricer wins by default because the other car didn't make the race happen - ie, the other car chickened out

I'm sure there are more rules, but these are the one's I've seen so far....

EDIT - forgot #5 - biggest wing wins by default
Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

From observing the ricers in my area, I have learned the a rev isn't necessarily an invitation to race but mearly a greeting. I have seen several F-bodies doing the same thing, reving at their buddies as they drive by with no intention of trying to start a race. Or.....maybe this dude was actually a fucktard........
Old 12-22-2005, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Crager and I were riding in my car the other day. We were slowing down at the light at blackhawk by Craig's house when two lanes over a black civic hatch that was primer black. It looked like it had been bedlined. Well he reved bounced off the limiter for a second then while still laughing Craig and I gave him duel thumbs down.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dean-o
Some guy in a silver Subaru with a hood scoop, fart can, big shopping cart rear wing and 3 pillar gauges sees me at a light and probably heard my cam loping, so he decides to rev at me when the guy in front of me stopped on the yellow and he went throught the light. Go figure. So I catch up to him at another light and get behind him because of traffic. So he punches it when the light changes and I let him go a bit and then I hit it and went sideways, shifted into second and went sideways again (sigh), so I shifted into third and flew around him and then we came to another light. Man I need some drag radials! Traffic in my lane again, so I get behind him again and then he weaves in and out of traffic and I catch him easy (riding his *** now...LOL!). He darts in between some cars at the light and I get in the next lane and when the light turned green I took off real slow and was waiting for him and then he turns. What's up with that gay ****? If you want to race, then wait and line em up. They always play the rev and run game because they really don't want any. What a disgrace to the performance world! If you rev, then be ready to play.
In his mind he beat you all the way because you were buhind him. And think of this next time he sees you he'll tell his buds that he beat you but never race you again. I had that happen to me, was a Honda CRX I was not able to pass due to traffic and he was telling everyone that he beat me. O was like no Freaken way. So turned out that one of his friend knew my friend and we lined them up and i even told him you can spay me if ya want. ANd he was like nahh i dont need to . I was like yess you do . So moral is I beat him and that is all that matters.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gold Z
From observing the ricers in my area, I have learned the a rev isn't necessarily an invitation to race but mearly a greeting. I have seen several F-bodies doing the same thing, reving at their buddies as they drive by with no intention of trying to start a race. Or.....maybe this dude was actually a fucktard........
I dont know about you but a car pulls up next to me an revs oh, All hell is breaking loose then. I do that to my budds if i see them but that is not all the time.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ArcticSS
Naw...he was just letting you know that you lost already....

The ricer mind is tough to figure out, but I think I understand a little of it:

1. If a car is behind the ricer, it already lost the race

2. If a car is in front of a ricer and they rip by without the other driver having even seen them, well, the ricer wins again (this happened to me once - the ricer ripped by, revved, then slammed on the brakes and hung a right)

3. If a car is sitting still (Like Nine Ball's example) well the stopped car just plain missed the starting whistle and lost the race

4. If a ricer sees another car it might LIKE to race, but traffic won't let it happen, the ricer wins by default because the other car didn't make the race happen - ie, the other car chickened out

I'm sure there are more rules, but these are the one's I've seen so far....

EDIT - forgot #5 - biggest wing wins by default
Are you sure you weren't a ricer at one time in your life?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CorvetteZ06
Are you sure you weren't a ricer at one time in your life?

Oh....that hurts.... WAY below the belt........WAY

Aside from one German car (72 Porsche 914...owned from 88-89) I've owned all GM.....
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Are you freaking kidding me, wrx was even contemplating racing a Z06?

Uhhhhh I think I speak for everyone when I say WHAT A DUMBASS!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

That happens to me alot down 1960 area. Some Ricer will pull up next to me rev his engine and nasty exhaust, and take off weaving in and out of traffic. Never wanting to line up and go from a DIG or ROLL.

These guys then shoot thier mouth off telling all thier friends that they took out an LS1. THOSE RICER GUYS ARE
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Are you freaking kidding me, wrx was even contemplating racing a Z06?

Uhhhhh I think I speak for everyone when I say WHAT A DUMBASS!!!!!!!
I have personally seen a Z06 get beat by a WRX at HRP. Maybe the guy in the Z couln't drive or something, but an all wheel drive turbo can leave really hard from a dead stop.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I had a guy in a white Cobra do that to me going to arlington, everytime I tried to line up he would take off and he would always wait until there were cars in my lane, I like to slow down to about 40mph then punch, but he would just nail it and I had to follow him. But we finally did get a clear shot and i got up next to him and yelled "3 honks" with my fingers up, did the three honks and he hung for the 1st of 2nd gear but after that he saw nuthin but my pretty blue car just walk off from him we ran all the way to mid 4th, I was about 4 to 5 cars ahead when it was all over. No Spray