DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation

I walk outside the house today, and there is a dalmation sitting in my driveway. The dog has no collar/tags, so I couldn't just call the owner. I then spent a good hour or so knocking on doors around the neighborhood trying to see if anyone knew who's dog it was... no luck. One of the neighbors (whom i dont know personally) volunteered to keep the dog in their back yard for now and feed it.

I called the police to see if anyone reported a lost dog, but they said they dont handle that, and i need to call the local humane societies. they were closed, so i'm gonna call them in the morning, and also going to see if the newspaper will put a 'found dog' classified in the paper, but i'm sure those media scumbags will want to charge me.

hopefully we can find the owner, but I can't expect the neighbor to keep it in their yard forever (especially since its gonna be cold at night). I also dont want to turn it in to the humane society, cuz i'm sure they'll only keep it for a short time before destroying it.

that being said... if too much time goes by, I'm hoping that a responsible person will be willing to take the dog under the condition that they are willing to surrender the dog should the owner be found.

the dog is a female dalmation, not sure about the age, but its really energetic, so i'm assuming its young.
Attached Thumbnails DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation-pdrm0015-large-.jpg   DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation-pdrm0016-large-.jpg   DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation-pdrm0013-large-.jpg   DFW: Found Dog - Dalmation-pdrm0010-large-.jpg  
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need more people around here like you.....I would take her, but I already have 2 running around the house.

Good luck!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome looking dog! Hopefully you can find the owner, I am sure the dog is missed.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
I walk outside the house today, and there is a dalmation sitting in my driveway. The dog has no collar/tags, so I couldn't just call the owner. I then spent a good hour or so knocking on doors around the neighborhood trying to see if anyone knew who's dog it was... no luck. One of the neighbors (whom i dont know personally) volunteered to keep the dog in their back yard for now and feed it.

I called the police to see if anyone reported a lost dog, but they said they dont handle that, and i need to call the local humane societies. they were closed, so i'm gonna call them in the morning, and also going to see if the newspaper will put a 'found dog' classified in the paper, but i'm sure those media scumbags will want to charge me.

hopefully we can find the owner, but I can't expect the neighbor to keep it in their yard forever (especially since its gonna be cold at night). I also dont want to turn it in to the humane society, cuz i'm sure they'll only keep it for a short time before destroying it.

that being said... if too much time goes by, I'm hoping that a responsible person will be willing to take the dog under the condition that they are willing to surrender the dog should the owner be found.

the dog is a female dalmation, not sure about the age, but its really energetic, so i'm assuming its young.
that dog is about 1-4 years old looking at its body and facial characteristics.....
Old 12-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Teching In

I'll help you any way I can. (I have a dalmation that looks a lot like this one)
I would not want to see her put in a shelter or be destroyed.
I can keep her until the owner is found or find her a good home.
Mark
817-860-8830
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

damn u are a good person i lost my dog a couple of weeks ago or someone stole her it was a syberian husky it was sweet she was about 1-2 months old
Old 12-24-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Shaner, I think i might have to take you up on that offer...

animal control is closed until tuesday, so i coudlnt ask them if anyone's reported a missing dog... the newspaper just sent me to voicemail, so i'm assuming they are closed until monday. i did get ahold of the humane society, they said no one has reported a missing dog, but sometimes people wait a few days before calling it in. they said if i send it to them, they put it on lost/found status for 4 days, then they put it up for adoption... they wouldnt give me a finite amount of time for how long they keep them on adoption status for.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

so the owner finally saw one of the signs i posted all over the neighborhood and called me. to make the long story short, he doesnt want the dog anymore, so we're looking for a responsible person to take it.

she is at Shaner's house, so if you are interested, PM shaner for more info.