Be careful in Dallas with Illegal tint...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful in Dallas with Illegal tint...

So a week or so ago, I was pulled over in Dallas for what was apparently "disregard for public safety" aka, driving across the double white lines, because I nearly missed my exit for a bridge. The sheriff had seen me cut over the lines and pulled me over, but when he pulled me over, he was about to walk away with my info and asked me to roll my window up half way. He came back with a tint reading device and told me that my visibility was at 16%. I played dumb, and acted like I didn't know what that was, but the nice thing about Dallas sheriff is that they print out your ticket and the cost all at once. I received a ticket for the white lines which cost $200+, and the tint ticket was a whopping $296 dollars. Now I've heard of stupid laws, but that's just freakin ridiculous. Anyone else been raped by this retarded law?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:41 PM
12 Second SUV Club

nope but almost we were leaving this resteraunt and my brother was on his gixxer so he precedes to smoke his tires in front of the resteraunt and as he leaves a cop rolls up on me and says why was i leaving in such a hurry a was like wtf he said there was no need to smoke my tires and i told him go check them and u will see it wasnt me then he says roll my window up he told me they r to dark but he doesnt have a tint tester so he just gave me a warning
Old 01-14-2006, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Damn...a warning would've been nice. Too bad, being courteous doesn't count for anything.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

I was on my way home to houston from abilene and I got pulled over for speeding and for no front plate. Well I told the cop that I was going home to get my plate since I just got home from Iraq. He started to walk back to his car with all my info and told me to roll my window half way up. he said that my tint looked illegal and wanted to check it. so he did and it was 25%, the darkest you can go. The guy was a real tool
Old 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

That is why I will soon be installing a kill switch for my window buttons.............

Cops pulls me over, windows down......... Flip the switch and the buttons won't work anymore.......Let's see how that goes over....... :bounce:
Old 01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I so thought about that as well. I did it for inspection and just rolled them down and pulled the fuse. Said that I was going to get them fixed that day....believed me! but then got denied because they did a visual and said that i had no cats!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

stupid *** law, what a waste of tax payers money and law enforcement resources. Cuz as you know, tint that is to dark affects us all, it is outta control, and we need to stop it b4 more people are hurt I can't believe they actually spend money on machines to test this, what the **** are lawmakers doing with our money, spend it on cop cars and resources, not gay *** **** like that
Old 01-14-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

what's funny is how dark the "undercover" cop car's tint is... You can hardly see in those things.

sure is a case of the pot calling the kettle - limo dark tint.. hehe
Old 01-14-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive never had that problem when I had my old TA, had 15% on the sides, 5% on the back, it was DARK.
Every time I had gotten a ticket they never checked my tint...
Old 01-14-2006, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

well im from south texas got pulled over for no license plate :angry: and so he gave me a warning but as he was walking away he asked me to roll up my window halfway and said that it look to dark??? i was like WTF its like already turning purple (because the previous owner put tint in mexico and over time it turns fruity purple just a fyi if u didnt know) and so he checked it with that machine but it came out to like 30 something percent!!! what a tool too dark my a$$
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the window kill switch would be a cool thing.... But might be a lil xtreme
Old 01-14-2006, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Yea, I've been pulled over quite a few times before this one, and they never said anything. I've heard that the only cops that will give you any trouble are either sheriffs or State Troopers. There were nights when I'd been pulled over, and I knew the cop couldn't see in, but still didn't say anything. Some cops are just ********. The crappy thing about it is...they prolly go home, and get in their car that has some dark *** tint on it. Bastards.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, its pretty sad that cops are supposed to protect us from crime, but all they do is collect more money for the friggin govt-glorified tax collectors. I can't believe one american would wright another american a ticket,take money out of ones pocket, for something so insignificant. I respect most cops, but bullshit stuff like that burns my hardworking-taxpayin ***
Old 01-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Launching!

got pulled over in college station. it was around 2:00 p.m really sunny, and the cop said he couldn't see me while I was driving by. He put the tint meter on the window, and it said 3%, so I played dumb-lets just say he didn't buy it (that will be $200.00 please "thank u officer!!)
Old 01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

i've been warned, but never had a cop pulled out a tint checker on me. my windows are all kinds of illegal.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've had a state trooper pull out the tester on me before....my windows were totally legal, it even had the little sticker that the tint shops put in between the glass & tint stating that it's DPS approved or whatever, and he tests it anyway, and says it's not legal. i'm thinking to myself "WTF? are you retarded?", but i didn't really say anything because he just gave me a warning for it, and a warning for my driver's license that i hadn't yet updated the address on, but had given me a ticket for expired inspection (and it was like 8 - 9 months late.... )
Old 01-18-2006, 03:40 AM
12 Second Club

5% all the way around never had a problem in DFW area or here and I go on and off a military base everyday
Old 01-18-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got pulled over once by a state trooper for no front plate on my way from Plano to Lubbock. I told him that I attended a car show over the weekend and that I forgot to take the front plate insert off (I have a Trans Am). The front plate is actually on the car but it's behind the insert. I politely asked him if he wanted me to remove it on the spot so the front plate would be exposed, it's only 2 little screws, takes about a minute. He said it wasn't necessary and he would just give me a warning. Then I started to BS w/ him regarding the state trooper Z28's. It def. wasn't fair that he pulled me over b/c I counted quite a few cars passing by who didn't have front plates. I'm just glad that I had the windows down though. I've got 3% tint on the sides and rear hatch.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

if only i could actually drive with a dark tint. my windows are 30% i believe if not more and the tint has already turned purple and began to peel but its been on there for 4 years now so im suprised its lasted this long. Could be why ive never pulled over, but i have worse vision at night so im saved the night pull overs. I would LOVE tint during the day to block the damn sun that at 8:11AM is RIGHT in my eye as im driving to work but then i couldnt drive the bird at night.

I think the law is stupid anyway. Tint is actually a good tool if you think about it. Around here, alot of people will get out of their cars and assault others if they can SEE them through their windows for whatever reason. If they cant, they are more leery and less inclined to.. attack? I dont know i think its a waste of tax payers dollars.