why I didnt buy an LS1 & people are stupid

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default why I didnt buy an LS1 & people are stupid

So I was driving my Trans Am a ton over break and thinking man I miss commuting in a 4th gen, I had so much fun driving this car every day, they handle good, plenty of power, real fun to drive, comfortable and the gas mileage isnt bad. So I was starting to regret getting that Blazer, and not finding a clean LS1 SS car like I wanted at first, that way I have nice stock quiet but still fun car, can build the 93 up and not care if I break it, been perfect. I even looked at a few but for some reason didnt want to get one while still in school. So today a year and half later I'm looking at my Blazer, I find a nice new long crease on the door, a new one, because in a year and half of U of H it has attained several. Thats why I didnt get another F-body, because I didnt want **** like this happening to it every day from jack asses that cant figure out how to open a door in a ******* parking lot. Most of them arent dings, their done with callas (sp) disregard for humanity. I wish I drove like a 76 C10 and not care, so when the open their door in to the side it would hit the saddle mount gas tanks and set them ablaze.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i somewhat wish i had a beater as a DD. i was at a resteraunt and came out to my car with scratches all the way down the passenger side. i was pissed at first. but they buffed out.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:52 AM

Most people dont even give a **** about their own car, let alone yours, kinda way I see it. Daily Driver is nice though, tires last a hell of a lot longer on SUV than on an F-body.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats why I got my C4 lined doors ... explode on impact. No questions asked ...

I'm sure there are a bunch of ppl accidentily do it. But you can bet ur *** I've gotten every mo**** fu**** that meant to do it!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

i know what you mean.....then you got the people who figure it would be a good idea to wedge something betweend the top of the window and the roof and push the window down....then try to climb in "dukes of hazard" style and step all over the dash and console.....all the while sliding their hands on your roof....only to climb right back out b/c they figured it would be too hard to steal it i guess

all this happened in the Blinn parking lot in Bryan by the way!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have any door dings from UH... but my rear bumper caps have a ton of scratches and gouges from retards who don't know how to pull into or out of a parking spot. I try to park at the edge of the lot so I can pull ALLLLL the way in, hoping my short azz 2dr blazer won't be sticking out enough for anyone to clip.

Also, I knew this would happen... that's the reason I didn't care about the cat scratches and imperfect paint when I bought the blazer used. I would love to lift it high enough that I could use nerf bars to stop the door dings. Also want a pre-runner bar, and a custom fab by me rear bumper so it won't matter if they clip it pulling in or out. Maybe mount some "tow hooks" sticking out at the corners.

Also, the ONLY excuse for an accidental door ding is HIGH wind. Even then, you should be more careful.

As much as I'd like a clean daily again... I won't bother till I am ATLEAST out of school and I10 west construction is finished. On a windy day last week I got sandblasted the ENTIRE way down I10 . With the amount of scrapes I get on an S10, I can't imagine how bad it would be with anything wider. That's one reason I refuse to drive my dad's vette to UH... I did once and am not completely convinced the rear quarter damage didn't happen while I had it. Atleast fiberglass doesn't ding.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and that is why i love my $900 DD...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One time, i was in my dad's beat up toyota seqoia (sp) . I had just gotten into my car at the best buy parking lot when an f150 pulled into next to me. Their passenger opened the door right into my driver door but then closed it again. It left a nice ding in my door. Before they could re-open it, i opened my door as hard as i could into his passenger door and drove off leaving a HUGE dent in his door and almost nothing on mine.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, If I can honestly match up their door with a new ding or scratch on my truck... I WILL return the favor. Allthough, not as brutally as that... I won't risk messing up my door.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
One time, i was in my dad's beat up toyota seqoia (sp) . I had just gotten into my car at the best buy parking lot when an f150 pulled into next to me. Their passenger opened the door right into my driver door but then closed it again. It left a nice ding in my door. Before they could re-open it, i opened my door as hard as i could into his passenger door and drove off leaving a HUGE dent in his door and almost nothing on mine.

lol

My car has a couple of dings from the retards at North Shore. You think people can't park, come over here and see how many people can't DRIVE.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks man... that's why i park next to a row of car enthusiasts and good friends at my school... and they feal the same way... so, im good as far *** dings and such...
Old 01-22-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah that's why i wanna sell mine and get a bike, I've put s much into the appearance and **** that I cant stand for it to get the smallest tiniest scratch and I'm always worried about it, dont ever wanna drive it etc I miss my 1K 95 ranger that I just beat the hell out of and didnt change the oil for 7K miles cuz I just didnt give a ****
Old 01-22-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah... i got my first rock chip after paint... it was on the highway... i was so pissed... ruined my entire day. :-/
Old 01-22-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Saad06
that sucks man... that's why i park next to a row of car enthusiasts and good friends at my school... and they feal the same way... so, im good as far *** dings and such...

Doesnt work like that once you get out of High school, most times you dont have any choice where you can park.