Cops busted on violations that we normally get ticketed for.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops busted on violations that we normally get ticketed for.

Channel 2 news did an investigation on cops breaking the law. It's suppose to air next Thursday night (Feb 2). They didn't show any footage, just an audio and the channel 2 news reporter was really letting the officer have it. The cop couldn't give the reporter a straight answer for why he commited a violation after just giving someone a ticket for the same thing. Supposely, HPD put out a memo warning officers of investigative reporters.

It's about time someone did a report on this. Can't wait to see the excuses these cops come up with. And it's not that I have anything against cops. I just think that they shouldn't be giving out tickets to people if their commiting the same offense time after time. They should lead by example.

Yall make sure and watch it.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

haha man it better be good
Old 01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Sweet!! It's about time.

B
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

they just get fat-headed and think that they can get away with anything. Its annoying but I doubt anything will really be done about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

I have just been accepted into the Pasadena Police Academy and I find it funny that people say these things. I think police officers should be punished if they do something illegal but to get mad at them for the fact that "they" do it is crazy. Do most of them speed? Sure, who doesn't but you must not get mad at them but rather the laws. I think people should voice their views but more importantly talk to your local and state government officials. We all break the law, so who should right the tickets?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're going to enforce the law, you should abide by it yourself.

After all, a police officer writting someone a ticket has just taken food out of a kid/family member's mouth in some cases. They don't have to worry about it
Old 01-26-2006, 10:45 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have just been accepted into the Pasadena Police Academy and I find it funny that people say these things. I think police officers should be punished if they do something illegal but to get mad at them for the fact that "they" do it is crazy. Do most of them speed? Sure, who doesn't but you must not get mad at them but rather the laws. I think people should voice their views but more importantly talk to your local and state government officials. We all break the law, so who should right the tickets?
I don't think they need to neccesaraly be punished, but be reminded that we pay them with our tax dollars and should be working with us. Not giving us a bs speeding ticket when you are going with the flow of traffic and or not causing any real danger to yourself or the others on the road etc... Instead I keep seeing a great number of cops comming out with the everyone who is not a cop is a criminal additude. They do drive around with a little confortable insurace policy about speeding they have the badge that gets them out of most tickets witch is a perk of the job, but shouldn't be taken forgranted and more slack should be granted for the comon person. We don't have badge to flash/show. I really have a lot to say, but why it won't matter. Glad you are going to be a police officer hope you can make progress in these area own your own as a cop. Congrats.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

yah nothing will be done...honestly what can be done? nothing yes they should practice what they preach but just remember cops are humans just like us...they dont think they are but they are just as phony and karupt as anyone else... just drive around with a camera like the night we did and the cops tried to say we were racing and doing over 80 when all we were doin was crusing at 30....dumb bastards didnt know we had a camera rolling the whole time the cop woudnt tell us at frist why we were pulled over or where he saw us doing anything he just told me to shut the **** up before i went to jail...cant wait for the judge to see that : )
Old 01-27-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Kent told me about that....should be amusing...
Old 01-27-2006, 04:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by santini63
If you are going to enforce the law you need to learn to abide by it....Its called leadership. Local and state goverment officals have nothing to do with that problem other than failing to weed out potential hires who are going to break the very laws they are sworn to uphold.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

I would take it that everyone on this board is not qualified to be a police officer simply because we all speed at least and therefor we break the law and can not be trusted with the power to make arrests and write tickets. I dont disagree that there is problems such as when officers write tickets that shouldnt be but I think the public is very hard on them. We all choose to speed therefore if we are caught and have to pay a ticket we should not complain because we knew what could happen as a result for our actions. I myself wont be writing very many speeding tickets unless I am with my FTO and have to. I will be pulling people over for wreckless driving. My pet peeve is when people drive irresponsibly and risk endangering someone else than themsleves. I do not believe anyone has the power to place another person life in danger. Anyways, off to work.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

yeah but when the bas-terds park in the same spot every day at a speed trap and write tickets just for income purposes it is extortion! yesterday I was on my way to work and the only time I get on the brakes a split second late the guy writes me up for 40 in a 30... by a school zone..... he sits there everyday raking in the cash for Irving. He thinks it is entertaining to do.

No warnings.... nothing. I understand when people fly thru a school zone but I am 99% sure I was below 33 b4 the school light.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a touchie toppic im not saying i don't like cops but i just dont agree with the ones that abuse their power. I get sick of cops turning their sirens and light on just for the fact that they want to run the light and than turn them of. I have seen this happen all the time on Westheimer , I mean come on they probably only had to go get a fresh donut. Now to the cops that do their job right
Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

ok, I understand that everyone breaks the law even if their going 1mph over the speed limit. However, you have police officers driving at speeds of 10mph or over on a regular basis. If we barely go 7 mph over the limit, we have sirens in back of us. I've been tail gated by them and when I move over the cop flies by me...now that's BS. In my opinion, that's being wreckless. I rarely see a cop going speed limit unless he's in back of cars that are going speed limit due to the fact that he's behind them. Other than that they're hauling *** everywhere.

I know nothing is going to change with this investigative report, but it's nice to see that the media is messing with them now. It's there turn to get messed with. The good ol power of the media.... they can break you or make you.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Curveball TECH

But the problem with the media is they only show what's entertaining. How about they do reports on good cops too. Im not saying cops aren't corrupt because there are many. I definitely hate more cops then I like.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

You guys don't forget to watch this investigative report tomorrow night. I believe it airs at the 10 o'clock broad cast. I think that it'll be interesting.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by santini63

I'll be sure to write my congressman. I'm sure he'll really give a ****.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

I say write congressman because as long as society tolerates bad behavior as defined as you see it police officers will continue to enjoy perks of the job. The only to change what is going on is to have laws that hold officers accountable. Seeing how laws are passed on a city, state, and federal level thats why I recommend you talk to them.

What also is funny is that I wonder what other perks people enjoy from the work or company. I am sure something that people for instance take home, use, might violate a law or even company rules but no one turns themselves in. People in our society have become accustumed to having perks. I am not here to say that they are right. I just think that misconduct should be punished not matter what your profession is. I think police is just a profession that is highly scruitunized because it is seen in the media more so that other jobs. My 2 cents.