Should we move the Hulen GTG????

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should we move the Hulen GTG????

Should we move the "End of the Month GTG" to a new dine-in spot??? Some guys have said Buffalo Wild Wings in Burleson or Bone Daddy's in Dallas. Any other suggestions? Might start a poll once everyones input is in. I like the Burleson one of course cause its close and they have huge freakin TV's and a big parking lot.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Should we move the "End of the Month GTG" to a new dine-in spot??? Some guys have said Buffalo Wild Wings in Burleson or Bone Daddy's in Dallas. Any other suggestions? Might start a poll once everyones input is in. I like the Burleson one of course cause its close and they have huge freakin TV's and a big parking lot.
Why move it? Just change Hooters locations if its a problem with not soo good of eye candy. Wild Wings food is nasty to me. I say Collins Hooters.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

well the Collins parking lot Sux, the free Beer is good but who needs a bunch of drunk high horsepower cars tearing through arlington Bone Daddy's has the Best eye candy around here, plus if we go there we may pull in some Dallas folks who didnt wanna drive to Ft Worth but then we might lose some Ft Worth folks?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Ginger Hater

Hooters in Arlington, more centralized. BW3's sucks anyway.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

although i like hulen hooters cuz its around the corner from me, i vote for arlington cuz its more neutral to the ft. worth and dallas folk. bonedaddy's was great, but its a bit far for SW Ft. Worth people like myself
Old 02-02-2006, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Hmm I like where the meet is at now, plenty of parking, the Arlington place would be good since its close for me...but we just need to get more people!!!! We need to get different boards involved
Old 02-02-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't have a problem with where we meet at but doing something different every now and then wouldn't hurt.

I think if we got more boards involved we could have a better turn out. I've seen some say if they had known sooner they would go but that's been on other boards so maybe I or others could make an effort to post up on other boards.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Buffalo Wild Wings in Burleson would be fine with me cause its right around the corner, but hooters in arlington would be good too, are they still given away the beer free or they done with that?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
well the Collins parking lot Sux, the free Beer is good but who needs a bunch of drunk high horsepower cars tearing through arlington Bone Daddy's has the Best eye candy around here, plus if we go there we may pull in some Dallas folks who didnt wanna drive to Ft Worth but then we might lose some Ft Worth folks?
Collins is not S Arlington...parking is not bad at Collins....No worse then any others.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

how bout a different place each month ....
Old 02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mexican
how bout a different place each month ....
that be cool but how would we figure out each month were to go?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

it'd be too hard to do it at a diff spot every month, you'd get the spreading of the gtg by word of mouth if you keep it in the same local because someone in an Fbody might drive by and be like "hey I wonder whats goin on" and bada boom a new member starts showing and the S Arlington hooters is in a much easier spot to see and get to than the Hulen one and then you dont have to worry about people hitting that ****** curb anymore
Old 02-02-2006, 01:03 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

The Arlington PD has their rookie cops practice writing tickets at the Tuesday night gtgs, it would be worse on a weekend I bet. Either Hooters is going to be FREAKIN busy though.

It needs to stay on the West side of I-35 no matter what though. Other wise it's no different than the other gtgs from other boards over in Dallas. There are several people that attend it and won't go if it's moved.

I'd recommend having it somewhere on Camp Bowie. It's a nice area with several good sized restaurants. El Fenix, Bennigans, Cici's, Taco Cabana, Mexican Inn Cafe, Sonic, Jason's Deli, La Madeleine, ect... There is also a great bar that just opened (Baker Street), would be a cool place to hang out afterwards. Either that or head down Hulen, you have dozens of great places to choose from in either direction.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
it'd be too hard to do it at a diff spot every month, you'd get the spreading of the gtg by word of mouth if you keep it in the same local because someone in an Fbody might drive by and be like "hey I wonder whats goin on" and bada boom a new member starts showing and the S Arlington hooters is in a much easier spot to see and get to than the Hulen one and then you dont have to worry about people hitting that ****** curb anymore

There are a lot of GTGs that go to different spots... and they do it each week. There are some that meet up in GP at home depot and then there's the HEB area that meet up and go somewhere different. It wouldn't be that hard if it's posted up so everyone knows. We would just need to work out where before that week. Both of those weekly GTGs meet up at a location and then head out.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah but they still meet at the same spot same time then cruise to wherever the restaraunt of the day is
Old 02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah but they still meet at the same spot same time then cruise to wherever the restaraunt of the day is
But they do to different places. That's what we are discussing here.

why are you even posting? You don't live here right now.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

i say the place in burleson or we could meet at cici in s.arlington by old mexico!!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eric01ss
i say the place in burleson or we could meet at cici in s.arlington by old mexico!!
What up eric...havent talked to ya in a while. hows the car running?
The place in burleson has a good size parking lot too.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Yeah that curb is a ****.. I ran over it before along with a buch of other people on here.. I like the South Arlington location, Big parking lot, Free Beer if that is your thing, but not such a good idea at a gtg to get sloppy drunk. Plus I think more people would start to come to this GTG every month at that location instead of the Hulen Hooters.. Hell more F-bodys, mustangs, etc. go to the Sonic on little road every Friday night then the amount of people that go to the End of the month GTG at Hulen Hooters..
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hopefully I should be able to make it to the next one. I got in a little bit of trouble but hopefully things will be cleared up soon. Anyway I say burleson also but I really dont care.