Liddell or Couture?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Liddell or Couture?

Anyone watch the UFC fight? Who won and how long did it last? Tap-out or KO?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 AM
11 Second Club

I'm pretty sure that Liddel lost. Hopefully he got KOed
Old 02-05-2006, 01:55 AM
FormerVendor

Cool, did they mention anything about a Lidell-Couture IV ?

I really like your sig pic. Reminds me of my "Old Blue" street car. Wow, looks like the same track and same lane!

Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Id love to hear the outcome of this, I completely forgot about it being tonight.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports
Cool, did they mention anything about a Lidell-Couture IV ?

I really like your sig pic. Reminds me of my "Old Blue" street car. Wow, looks like the same track and same lane!

That's the extent that I know about the fight. Thanks for the compliments, HRP right lane! Hopefully my OldBlue will leave hard like your's one day.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i saw part of it and Couture owned Liddel in the 1st round but in the 2nd Couture slipped up and Liddel had him on the ground beating him in the face till the ref backed him off...then Liddel ran around the ring like he does when he wins. I couldnt hear anything and thats all i saw but I would think Liddel won it.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 AM
FormerVendor

I saw the same thing with dustin but i was also staring at the girls **** sitting with us so the only thing winning was a 34C in my books!!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't watch but...

LAS VEGAS, February 4 – Chuck Liddell won the battle and the war.

Before a sold-out Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday night, ‘The Iceman’ retained his UFC light heavyweight crown with a second round TKO of Randy Couture, giving him the final 2-1 edge in the trilogy between the light heavyweight greats. After the bout, Couture, 42, the only fighter in UFC history to win the heavyweight and light heavyweight titles, announced his retirement, leaving barely a dry eye in the house.

“I’m retiring tonight,” said Couture. “This is it for me. I feel blessed to have been able to come in here and compete.”

As for the fight itself, after a pair of unforgettable openings (Couture to AC/DC’s ‘Thunderstruck’ and Liddell to DMX’s ‘Intro’) that put the crowd on their feet and kept them there, the two future hall of famers circled each other warily, looking for openings as the crowd alternately cheered for their favorite fighter. Each brief exchange brought a roar, but neither was willing to commit to a sustained attack. Liddell was the more active of the two though as Couture looked to counter the strikes of ‘The Iceman’. Couture continued to stalk behind a high guard, and his sporadic strikes seemed to take Liddell out of his rhythm. Liddell quickly recovered though, rocking Couture briefly with a right to the head. But as Liddell moved in for the kill, Couture, his nose now bloodied, was able to recover and take the champion to the mat for the remainder of the round.

Couture refused to deviate from his fight plan in the second round, as he followed Liddell around the Octagon while throwing in the occasional counter to Liddell’s heavier shots. But soon, Couture’s luck ran out, and as he shot in with a left hand, Liddell landed the same short right hand that ended the pair’s second fight, and Couture again crashed limply to the mat. Liddell’s follow-up shots on the fallen Couture were exclamation marks on the victory, and referee John McCarthy called a stop to the bout at 1:28 of the second stanza.

“We knew Randy was gonna try to make me over commit,” said Liddell. “But you stand in front of me for that long, eventually one will get through.”

Couture won the first bout between the two, stopping Liddell in three rounds in 2003. Liddell knocked Couture out in a single round last April to even the score, with Liddell breaking the tie tonight.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
i saw part of it and Couture owned Liddel in the 1st round but in the 2nd Couture slipped up and Liddel had him on the ground beating him in the face till the ref backed him off...then Liddel ran around the ring like he does when he wins. I couldnt hear anything and thats all i saw but I would think Liddel won it.
You did not watch the same fight I did. Chuck landed many hard shots that Randy had no answer for. In the second Randy went for a punch combo and slipped up for a split second and was then dropped.

No Chuck vs Randy IV because the old man realizes he's been passed by and will never be where he once was (albeit a little bit overrated) but once a great fighter.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You did not watch the same fight I did. Chuck landed many hard shots that Randy had no answer for. In the second Randy went for a punch combo and slipped up for a split second and was then dropped.

No Chuck vs Randy IV because the old man realizes he's been passed by and will never be where he once was (albeit a little bit overrated) but once a great fighter.

*note* i was drunk and still drinking while watching this, lol
Old 02-05-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
*note* i was drunk and still drinking while watching this, lol
LOL ok. I was watching this sober (big MMA fan) and saw a lot of different stuff than what you posted. But it's all gravy.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

I watched the fight....

What things could have been if Chuck didnt pounce on the slip and get an opening on Randy. I think Randy was doing pretty good there. Chuck is a dangerous guy.

SLIPS = SUCK!

the mexican fight after was cool... The other fight were the guy passed out was cooler~

Diesel beat mr. loudmouth Nick Deiz
Old 02-05-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah I saw it too. It's a bummer that "The Natural" is retiring on a loss.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
I watched the fight....

What things could have been if Chuck didnt pounce on the slip and get an opening on Randy. I think Randy was doing pretty good there. Chuck is a dangerous guy.

SLIPS = SUCK!

the mexican fight after was cool... The other fight were the guy passed out was cooler~

Diesel beat mr. loudmouth Nick Deiz
Chuck was clearly in control of the fight in my opnion. I've watched the fight again twice today and even though he slipped for that split second, he was still throwing another punch.

There is some bitchin about Chuck grabbing the fence during a takedown attempt but none of the Randy swingers say anything about him grabbing the shorts (in the fight you can clearly here Big Jon say let go of the shorts Randy).

It's sad they didn't show the Sakara vs Sinosic fight. I was really looking forward to seeing Sakara's hands. He has amazing speed.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...C0I0WDLV3L7D0C

Just found this
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

not surprised Liddell won again, wish this fight would have made all the rounds.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Reshost the link!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

When you've been a champion wrestler all your life then try to "strictly" box a heavy handed boxer...your gonna get tagged! Just like it was in the second fight. Have always liked Randy, wanted the ole' man to win, and still think he's a better "all around" fighter but you DO NOT go toe to toe with Chuck, he's just too damn good with his sledge hammer hands!! Been watchin' UFC since the beginning of it all...Can't wait to see Matt Hugh's and the "original" Royce Gracie. Matt's a BAD, BAD BOY!! Should be interesting...

Was surprised to see Frank Mir get his *** handed to him...but after being away from the UFC for 1 1/2 years because of a motorcyle accident I guess thats to be expected, especially when the dude tried to turn your ole' broke *** leg into a pretzel...that'll get your attention! Was good to see a "class act" like Mir in the after fight interview. Good guy!
Old 02-05-2006, 06:40 PM
12 Second SUV Club

i dont think randy slipped he tried to go for another move so quick his legs werent fast enough for it tough