Broke my rear end

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke my rear end

I was pulling out of a parking lot on 1960 last night, just a little too much acceleration and POP! Sounded like I ran over a glass bottle. I could hear the grinding and poping noise as I slowed down to stop. Lokked under the car and saw the fuid leaking from the axel. After 120,000 miles my stock rear finaly gave out. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows a good place I can get a rear end replaced (preferably better and stronger then the stock one). A shop that don't rip me off on this job either. I met the guys that own Cherakee Motor sales by 1960 and 249. They told to bring it in for a good deal. Does anyone know how there work is?
Thanks, P.I.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have several sponsors in the houston area
click the alphabetical sponsor link at the top right of the page and enter your zipcode
it will show you the sponsors in your area.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:04 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say order a 12 bolt from a sponser and do it yourself! Not very hard at all.....

Moser and Strange are the popular manufacturers. I bought my moser 12 bolt from speed inc. with all the bells and whistles. Have it shipped to a business for a huge discount on shipping.

If you're not into the do it yourself thing, call a sponser. I've had great relations with Horsepower Engineering (HPE) as well as Motorsport Technologies (MTI).