Uh Ohh !!! Texas we may have a crime wave

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Uh Ohh !!! Texas we may have a crime wave

Okay today alot of Katrina evacuees (refugees) where evicted. Now I know not all people are bad, so I am not passing judgement but if push comes to shove I think things may get a little heated. Not saying all evacuees are criminals but when you have nothing and you have kids I imagine your going to do anything to feed them, I am sure the streets are going to be a little more crowded with panhandlers now. Here is the link to a story http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/hurricane_katrina. Also I read where Houston's crime rate is going up even before Katrina, yet there are 29 N.O. that are being held for various actions coincedence I think not... Good luck to us all and keep the guns loaded, sleep with one eye open, and rember if you can't see where the bullets are coming from "Pull trigger and just do a 360 until you stop getting shot at"
Old 02-07-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know, while I do feel bad for anyone who loses their home in circumstances beyond their control, I think it is BS to still be trying to leach off of FEMA at this point. I know if I was in that situation, I would bust my *** trying to find a job and get my own means, not just sit there and think I deserve to be supported for the rest of my life. How many months ago was the hurricane already ? I think there has been more than adequete time for these people to find jobs and support themselves !!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rayosequis
You know, while I do feel bad for anyone who loses their home in circumstances beyond their control, I think it is BS to still be trying to leach off of FEMA at this point. I know if I was in that situation, I would bust my *** trying to find a job and get my own means, not just sit there and think I deserve to be supported for the rest of my life. How many months ago was the hurricane already ? I think there has been more than adequete time for these people to find jobs and support themselves !!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

I know its rediculous, just wait till you see the news with them all complaining.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Last semester, 3 months after the hurricane, I read that crime in Houston had jumped 50% and was climbing...that sparked my interest, so I logged in on the school library computers and searched the large newspaper databases.....

I found that crime increased siginificantly in every city that had a significant number of N.O. evacuees....

...Something else interesting...city's where significant numbers of Mississippi and Alabama evacuees were moved to...there was no reported change in the crime rate.

I hate the media more than anything else that I can think of...but I'm sure that there's some level of truth in there somewhere...
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rayosequis
Old 02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=rayosequis]You know, while I do feel bad for anyone who loses their home in circumstances beyond their control, I think it is BS to still be trying to leach off of FEMA at this point. I know if I was in that situation, I would bust my *** trying to find a job and get my own means, not just sit there and think I deserve to be supported for the rest of my life. How many months ago was the hurricane already ? I think there has been more than adequete time for these people to find jobs and support themselves !!

I think we all agree with you
those poeple had more than enough time to get their *** out of the hotels here in houston that FEMA were paying to find a job, But than again they probably never had a job or a life and thats why they are still here. I know a few people that actually had alife back in New Orleans and now they are back home trying to get back to normal.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Its been close to 6 months since it hit. I know plenty people, some of which I now work with, church, ect who found jobs and homes/apartments with in the first month they came to Houston. I say if they havent made an effort to get their lives straight then they shouldnt be eligable for help. They lived that way in NO and if they think they can have everything handed to them in good ole TEXAS...sorry to tell ya otherwise.
The door is to your east --->
Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now I dont really know if this it due to the evacuees but. There have been 2 roberries in my neighborhood. One happend to a neighbor a house down. He was getting home and there was a guy waiting in the bushes. We live where the street dead ends and there is not alot of activity. What made them look at that side and say this guy is gonna be back, Then up futher on the block there was another. But that guy was hiding behind a trashcan and got caught. I know i live in oakcliff but damn this was never something that would happen in my neighborhood.