Why do most Houston tuners threads get locked?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why do most Houston tuners threads get locked?

How come when somebody asks who is the best tuner in Houston the thread gets locked? Is it that personal and emotional to some people?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What threads have been locked recently?

Usually it gets off topic and turns into a bitchfest and one of our moderators feel that the thread has lost its purpose and chooses to lock it, rather than having more irrelevant junk posted.

Feel free to PM me, or any moderator that locks a thread if you have a question on why it was locked.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No biggie. I was talking about his one: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/458638-where-should-i-get-my-ss-tuned-houston.html
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JAMES RODRIGUEZ
No biggie. I was talking about his one: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458638
Looks like argument between sponsors (HPE and G-Force).
Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

usually unprofessional people, which is why so many shops fail...because morons run them.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
8 Sec Tuner

You are correct sir morons, morons who drive jetta's.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
PiP
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Old 02-24-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

there are a lot of different capable tuners in houston. some of them happen to be sponsors on this board and have some very loyal customers. its like asking different guys who has the prettiest wife. each is going to have their own answer for their own reason. you cant expect, nor is it really possible, to get an unbiased answer to a question like that.

oh, ibtl
Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
oh, ibtl
yea boi
Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
here's a prime example of someone representing their shop so professionally. BTW...does your response make any sense, whatsoever?

look at MTI...they make money and they are well respected. Do you see them coming on here making OT posts and taking stabs at people?

Professionalism lacks in many shops.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i predict this thread will also be locked

actually, i dont think it's the sponsors, but the occasional user that will post something why tuner a is better than tuner b.

Last edited by Reznor; 02-24-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Reznor
i predict this thread will also be locked

actually, i dont think it's the sponsors, but the occasional user that will post something why tuner a is better than tuner b.
Good prediction...
Everyone is entitled to their opinion oh who tunes better, but pissing matches back and forth get no where and usually end up making some rep. of a shop look bad.

I love to see threads with people asking who tunes, and does good at it, but the same ol' back and forth is useless.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:04 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Grow up this is a joke right?

Come by G-Force and take a look at our shop and our work. That is Professionalism!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Right?

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
there are a lot of different capable tuners in houston. some of them happen to be sponsors on this board and have some very loyal customers. its like asking different guys who has the prettiest wife. each is going to have their own answer for their own reason. you cant expect, nor is it really possible, to get an unbiased answer to a question like that.

oh, ibtl
I think all the above Tuners are good. I know there has been good things said about all of them. I know MTI is good, HPE is also good, G-Force is also good and so on!!!
What happens is you get on here and try to say which one you like best, maybe because they are close to you, you like the way they spell their name or something then someone wants to make smart *** remarks. Then the pissing contest starts.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

they all have the same stuff the only thing i can say is that h.p.e. has a mustang dynojet ...which i a better dyno to tune cars on because it actually puts a load on the motor..its kinda like actual driving with a load on the motor..big difference..
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by U LUZ
they all have the same stuff the only thing i can say is that h.p.e. has a mustang dynojet ...which i a better dyno to tune cars on because it actually puts a load on the motor..its kinda like actual driving with a load on the motor..big difference..

okay. now finally someone has brought up a valid point that would have been helpful in the other thread. these are the kinds of replies needed in those types of threads. sponsors, take a look at this and get an idea of how thse question should be handled. this goes for all of you. you guys feel you do better work or will get better results, post up why you think that. dont just get on here and say,"I am the best, and **** the rest"(for lack of better terms). just like the nitrous forum did, you guys need to learn how to PROFESSIONALLY disagree on methods, and maybe this sport will be all the better for it.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Landers and a valid point all in one sentence......Holy ****....LMAO.....Im just pickin at you Landers, dont get your panties ruffled....Hyde
Old 02-25-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

i agree with everyone. if you feel hpe is better than the rest then ok. or mti does better. its all about an opinion. every shop thinks they are better than the rest and they will try to say it so they can get your business. i say just call them see what they can do then make your decision and if you dont like there work then dont go back.