Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:36 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull

All,

I have a 16-month old son, and another soon to be on the way. I work 50-hours a week and am also finishing college. I have no time to really play with my dogs, especially my Pit. I try to walk/run with her and play outside with her as much as possible, but I fear that I am not taking care of her as well as I should be. Being a fairly large dog (65lbs or so), and not being strictly trained, is also difficult around the house with a toddler since she tends to get hyper and overly excited (jumps).

However, she is a GREAT dog. She's about 3 years old I believe, no papers, kennel/house trained. Playfull, great with my son, but overly hyper at times so she tends to knock him down by accident.

NEVER aggressive, BEAUTIFUL brindle dog. She was spayed when she was a puppy, ears/tail are not clipped. She does well with my other dog (small mix - ~20lbs), but got fairly defensive with a male pit bull a friend brought to the house. Could not tell you if that was her being protetive of her back yard, or aggressive toward a slightly bigger dog. On a leash she's great. She will run/walk with you, I use a mild choke chain, but she isnt bad at all w/o one. Quiet, does not bark a ton, not overly agressive toward other walking dogs either. Up to date on shots/records, etc. I will attach some pics.

Guys/gals, Lexie is a great dog, but I think what's best for her and what's best for our schedule/family is her going to a loving household where someone can really take care of her. I ******* HATE to do this, but its been brewing on me since my son was born. She is free, of course, to a GOOD home, I'll give you what I have (kennel, leashes, collars, etc.) also, I don't feel its right to make $ off of her. I know some of you love pits so I'm offering her. DFW only, and really it would be cool if I could come by and see her maybe. Anyway, PM me for more details, more pics, a visit, or to come get her. I'll give you my cell and/or address over PM.

Thanks,
RyanJ
Attached Thumbnails Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull-100_1078.jpg   Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull-100_1079.jpg   Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull-100_2144.jpg   Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull-100_2146.jpg   Sad day - thinking of giving away my PitBull-100_2177.jpg  

Last edited by RyanJ; 03-22-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:20 PM
SSU Moderator

I forgot to say. My sister lived with us for a bit and she also had a pitbull (taller, skinnier, female) and they had no problems together.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanJ
All,

I have a 16-month old son, and another soon to be on the way. I work 50-hours a week and am also finishing college. I have no time to really play with my dogs, especially my Pit. I try to walk/run with her and play outside with her as much as possible, but I fear that I am not taking care of her as well as I should be. Being a fairly large dog (65lbs or so), and not being strictly trained, is also difficult around the house with a toddler since she tends to get hyper and overly excited (jumps).

However, she is a GREAT dog. She's about 3 years old I believe, no papers, kennel/house trained. Playfull, great with my son, but overly hyper at times so she tends to knock him down by accident.

NEVER aggressive, BEAUTIFUL brindle dog. She was spayed when she was a puppy, ears/tail are not clipped. She does well with my other dog (small mix - ~20lbs), but got fairly defensive with a male pit bull a friend brought to the house. Could not tell you if that was her being protetive of her back yard, or aggressive toward a slightly bigger dog. On a leash she's great. She will run/walk with you, I use a mild choke chain, but she isnt bad at all w/o one. Quiet, does not bark a ton, not overly agressive toward other walking dogs either. Up to date on shots/records, etc. I will attach some pics.

Guys/gals, Lexie is a great dog, but I think what's best for her and what's best for our schedule/family is her going to a loving household where someone can really take care of her. I ******* HATE to do this, but its been brewing on me since my son was born. She is free, of course, to a GOOD home, I'll give you what I have (kennel, leashes, collars, etc.) also, I don't feel its right to make $ off of her. I know some of you love pits so I'm offering her. DFW only, and really it would be cool if I could come by and see her maybe. Anyway, PM me for more details, more pics, a visit, or to come get her. I'll give you my cell and/or address over PM.

Thanks,
RyanJ
What bloodline is she?

Ive got an El Diablo blue nose female pit that is 5 months old. She'd love to have a companion. Her shots up to date? Is she on any heartworm preventative medication? Does she even bark? I cant get mine to bark yet. lol

Last edited by 1936FordPU; 03-23-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:53 AM
SSU Moderator

Yes, she'll bark at cars, etc. through our fence. Her shots are up to date (she's actually due for annuals 4/22) and I have no idea what bloodline she is. To be honest she showed up at my house with a male and we fed them, took them in and tried to find out who's they were. The male ran away, and our local pound basically said if they took Lexie they'd put her down, so we kept her. Oh yeah, she is on Heartguard monthly heartworm chewables.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
SSU Moderator

To the top. Great dog, guys and gals. I would much rather give her to someone than take her to the SPCA.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:09 AM
SSU Moderator

Ttt..
Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 PM
SSU Moderator

ttt..
Old 03-25-2006, 06:33 PM
SSU Moderator

ttt...
Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 PM
SSU Moderator

ttt..
Old 03-26-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

where by do u live
Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
SSU Moderator

Allen Texas, between Exchange and Stacy Road, east of 75.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck man. I know it sucks to give your dog away i have two greyline pits of my own that i would hate to give away.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

You said she doesnt have any training....does she listen? Like is she receptive at all if someone was to try and teach her things? We currently have a chocolate lab but he is very intelligent and we have taught him everything he knows...he is very easy and smart. Just trying to see if she would be the same way. She is beautiful!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 PM
SSU Moderator

She does listen. She is very hard headed though. She likes to try to push your buttons. She knows most of the basic commands. Sit, Kennel, Treat, Ect... She is a very sweet dog. She is just very active. With her being around a little dog that is half the size of her sometimes I believe she doesnt know how big she really is. She thinks she can do the same things that the little dog can do. Such as being a lap dog, jumping up on you when she is excited, ect.

-Ryan
Old 03-28-2006, 08:49 AM
SSU Moderator

ttt I also wanted to add something. She listens well when being repremanded as well. A good 'no' and he backs off and sits basically. I think its he little dog that gets her all riled up. Like I said above, on the leash or outside she's fine. We can go in our front yard and hang out w/o leashes and she's ok...no running away.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
SSU Moderator

ttt..
Old 03-30-2006, 09:47 AM
SSU Moderator

ttt..
Old 03-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

I will try to make up to you to bring my girl puppy pit with me and see how well they get along...I just dont know that I can do it this weekend.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
SSU Moderator

I'll send you a PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
SSU Moderator

ttt....