Who goes to the University of Texas??

Old 03-31-2006, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who goes to the University of Texas??

How do you like it there (in Austin) ? Good apartments (prices)? Anyone go to UT as an out of state resident?

I'm thinking about going there, I just don't know how I will manage traveling and such back and forth to DC.

Last edited by Cerberus; 03-31-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

fly...
Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Flying adds up $$
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Once you get to Texas you'll never go back! Go Horns!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I go there right now. Housing pricing is kinda high but you can find some good deals if you need to. PM me if you have any specific questions. I'm sure I could sell the idea pretty well of coming here.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
LS7 Member

Austin is a great city that has beautiful weather 90% of the year. UT is a great school with an exceptional campus.

The closer you live to campus, the more you will pay. Anywhere from 385/month furnished in riverside (ghetto area of austin) to 900+/month unfurnished right next to campus. These would be considered "nice places". If you live on campus in a dorm it will be around 500/month but alot of your living expenses are included (a majority of your food, electricity, water).

btw: What is your major?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Def. come to Texas...

What do you want to major? I currently go there as a petroleum engineering student. I am a junior and I love it here.

The housing, like matt said is a lil pricey... BUT maybe comparitive to D.C. it is cheap. Feel free to ask away. There are some alumni and other current students here.

Hope you make the choice to come here... just let me know!

Last edited by | Powered by Satan |; 03-31-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies guys. I will PM you Hellraiser after I get off work.

I am 21, a geography/geoscience major and am thinking about minoring in cartography. I am originally from San Antonio(Bexar County) but moved to DC with 'rents. Apartments in the nice part of town around here for like a 2 bedroom unfurnished are about $1200/month. Of course I don't pay that, I live with parents still.

I just got a Trans Am, and would probably have to drive down there at least once. I'm not sure if I want to leave it there during breaks if I fly home. Then there's the summer and I would have to drive home instead of fly.

Just wondering how out of state guys handle the traveling if they drove their car down there.

Also considering Univerity of Kentucky and James Madison University (in state tuition).
Old 03-31-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

that is good, i will see you in the geology building... as i am swinging my major towards Hydrogeology which focuses on geo, and petroleum classes...

If you need anything, hit me up
Old 04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went to school there and I must say I miss it. I experienced some of the best days of my life while in Austin. With the new tuition increase of 4.9% it will make a little difference but **** it went up that much in the 4 years I was there. Leave your car in storage over the summer. After the first summer you will never go home again. I recommend the dorms the first year because you will meet a lot more people. Jester sucks but oh well. I miss the babes/heeezies/ skeezas whatev. PM me if you have any other questions
Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Ginger Hater

move to texas, you won't regret it at all.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LawHorn
I went to school there and I must say I miss it. I experienced some of the best days of my life while in Austin. With the new tuition increase of 4.9% it will make a little difference but **** it went up that much in the 4 years I was there. Leave your car in storage over the summer. After the first summer you will never go home again. I recommend the dorms the first year because you will meet a lot more people. Jester sucks but oh well. I miss the babes/heeezies/ skeezas whatev. PM me if you have any other questions

Can't leave my car in storage. I have an internship (since highschool) with the Army Corp of Engineers here in DC, so, I will be going home every summer.

I was thinking about doing the dorm thing then getting my own place senior year. Sounds like everyone loves UT!

I miss Big Red soda.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LawHorn
Jester sucks but oh well. I miss the babes/heeezies/ skeezas whatev.

my girlfriend lives in jester, and dear god does it suck

Search this Thread