Drag Racing at Ennis, RedLine and Denton?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drag Racing at Ennis, RedLine and Denton?

Hey guys, I am looking to expand my drag racing fun on the weekends to other tracks within 2 hours drivetime of DFW. I already visited the sites and have the schedules, but on what nights do these places give away money, trophies, free passes, etc.? I want to avoid the "test and tune" nights where people race and get nothing for winning. When I get my tranny fixed, (almost there) it will be amazing, I would like to gain more experience through different tracks.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice tracks you plan on racing at. Good luck and have fun.

Coach
Old 04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most tracks don't give away much of anything, usually you have to WIN a race to get anything in return. what will be so amazing about getting your tranny rebuilt?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Guess what man, it is not a rebuild...
Old 04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Banned

ok...what will be so great once your transmisson is fixed? is it going to be be like some bad *** power adding, et dropping tranny?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Don't forget Kennedale.

http://www.texasraceway.com
Old 04-03-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

how bout yellow belly ?? lol
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

haha, from the sound of things she'd be better off at the belly...just the right style.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

damn guys.. keep in mind she is a girl... be gentlemen!!!

but a rebuild or performance transmission (minus a stall upgrade or shift kit) is no different from a stocker.. not much gains in one unless you change it to a linelock/3speed type setup.....
Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Banned

we're being nothing but gentlemenly here man....those rebuilt trannies are super powerful man
Old 04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Morbid
Don't forget Kennedale.

http://www.texasraceway.com
Oh I know man. I think it would be a lot of fun to go track-hopping from time-to-time.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
we're being nothing but gentlemenly here man....those rebuilt trannies are super powerful man
Dang dude, you sure do act like a nice guy... With the tranny I am going with it will pick me up a little time - I am done with the 4Ls. Too many people cannot rebuild them here worth a crap! So what kind of big bad car do you have to be downing others??
Old 04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

what kind of tranny are you going with that is going to add power and/or drop et? please enlighten the rest of us. if you spend the money needed on a 4L60E you can have one built that will hold WAY more than what you are making, but you have to be willing to get the best parts not keep messing around with hacks. my car went quicker with STOCK INTERNALS and stock transmisson than your cammed car has. and mine was full weight. guess i'm a hack to...haha
Old 04-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

btw, there are cars in DFW that make over 450...probably closer to 520 daily driven and weekend raced HARD that drive every day with 4L60E trannies and both of the ones i know of were built right here in Fort Worth
Old 04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

what kind of tranny are you going with that is going to add power and/or drop et? please enlighten the rest of us. if you spend the money needed on a 4L60E you can have one built that will hold WAY more than what you are making, but you have to be willing to get the best parts not keep messing around with hacks. my car went quicker with STOCK INTERNALS and stock transmisson than your cammed car has. and mine was full weight. guess i'm a hack to...haha
Just wondering, where do you see her times listed? I'm not trying to get into the middle of an argument here, just wondering where you got the information.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Morbid
Just wondering, where do you see her times listed? I'm not trying to get into the middle of an argument here, just wondering where you got the information.
her car runs 7.20's to 7.5's depending on track condition.. his car is not close if it is full weight/stock internals!

not calling you out... just stating the obvious!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

the quickest i've seen her post her car running was like a 7.5something. as for you forteen, the only way to find out if it runs like i say it does it for you to bring your hoopty and get drug. its amazing what the right bolt ons and converter will do for a setup. full weight is a subjective statement also.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

the quickest i've seen her post her car running was like a 7.5something. as for you forteen, the only way to find out if it runs like i say it does it for you to bring your hoopty and get drug. its amazing what the right bolt ons and converter will do for a setup. full weight is a subjective statement also.
You must know me from K'dale. Please identify yourself so I will know what car you drive. You might be one of the TAs that just bring their car to the track and let is sit - what is that!! Just wondering if I know you as well. More power to the cars faster than me - I really do not care. I am glad they figured out how to make it fast on top-end. My car is made for bracket racing, not a 550 HP turbo'ed daily driver. Let's just wait and see what it will do with my new tranny set-up. My tranny guy said we may need to make adjustments here and there until we get it perfect. So who built the 4Ls you talk of and did they include a warranty?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
You must know me from K'dale. Please identify yourself so I will know what car you drive. You might be one of the TAs that just bring their car to the track and let is sit - what is that!! Just wondering if I know you as well. More power to the cars faster than me - I really do not care. I am glad they figured out how to make it fast on top-end. My car is made for bracket racing, not a 550 HP turbo'ed daily driver. Let's just wait and see what it will do with my new tranny set-up. My tranny guy said we may need to make adjustments here and there until we get it perfect. So who built the 4Ls you talk of and did they include a warranty?
you can cut a light.... Bracket racing.... you need to dial that thing in.... You where all up and down at K-dale..... I assume the tranny issues and weather played a roll?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Launching!

seems like fourteen has a new gf, wonder what the wife thinks about this