Moving to San Antonio, couple of question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to San Antonio, couple of question

Well the time has come and the wife and I have deseided to move, and it looks like San Antonio is goig to be the place we are going to go. I am jsut curious of what it's like out there, how many F-bod associated folks are kicking around and what are the emmission laws there as well. I am running header's no cats, and TD's dumping at the rear axle. Just trying to get the skinny before I get there and all that good stuff......

How is the job Market and stuff like that? Good Hang out's, Tracks, Cruises....the typical ****.....Fishing, Campbing, 4 Wheeling?

Any and all info would be greatly appriciated....

Thanks Everyone

Neil
Old 04-07-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

No body has any input?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Dont got no stinkin emmissions her bro. YET Well I live an hour so so probably never will. As long as you stay towards the north side it is a nice place to live. Traffic sucks, people drive like ******** most times and they always have the roads tore up. There are a lot of speed shops and the SAR out a Marion to go race at. I hear sa f-body is a good spot to start there are a few people down here wher I live that go to their meetings. I always go hit the salvage yards on the southside for some hella smokin deals on parts, most white guys are scared to go down there. But if you dont mess with them generally the reverso holds true. I live outside of Falls city on the weekends.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Damm sorry about that, time to go to bed it sounds like my daughter wrote it.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For any welding supplies, go see Steve at Natwell Welding Supply

/shameless sponsor plug
Old 04-08-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the info keepit coming.....
Old 04-08-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You still in the Army man? What MOS?

PM me some info and I can help you out. If you are still in, I can probably hook you up with a sponsor who can help out alot.

NM I see you are out. Contracting. What company? GD, Northrup?

I'll get some info together and E-mail it to you. Since you are in Iraq, where at?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

emissions? what emissions? LOL

we hang out every friday nite at one of the more popular hot rod hangouts in town. now that spring is here, there's gonna be lot of car shows to see

as for good shops, lethal performance is the best! they specialize in fbodies and stangs, but they can do other stuff too.

we've got san antonio raceway that's open on wednesdays, fridays and saturdays. sundays too if im not mistaken. not a bad place they have race nights called midnight madness every saturday night til 2am, and that always has a large turnout

the job market is pretty decent. as a matter of fact since we've got toyota and washington mutual's (and some other companies) big offices coming in, there will be plenty of openings. and there's a pretty large airplane mechanic field here since we've got 3 air force bases.

plently of lakes to fish, and places to camp, inside or outside of town. and this month is fiesta month where we dedicate a whole month to a series of celebrations to mark the alamo battles. lots of good resturants and bars too.

see you around!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be PCSing to Randolph on 8 June, I'm sure I'll find another F-body out there somewhere.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

It won't be hard to find an F-Body. They are every where. Lethal Performance is a great place to go. Sean knows his ****. He worked on the Z about a week ago. He knows Corvette's as well. The sun is always shining, you can always smell fajitas cooking...it's great. Head over to sanantoniof-body.com