Houston Grand Prix

Old 05-14-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston Grand Prix

I just returned from the 3rd day of the festivities and it was fun - I think much better than the old downtown event. Instead of 90 degree turns, there was a long sweeping right, and an eventful chicane. The champ cars are awesome, but I really enjoyed the American Le Mans. The C6Rs were worth the price of admission. I watched the champ car qualifying on tv and you can see the incredible bumpiness of the place. I hear they're going to grind the bumps for next year for even faster speeds....overall, it was awesome....oh, and the women's pro beach volleyball - not a bad diversion
Old 05-14-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back The champ cars are the ****!!!! Paul Tracy gave my local YMCA tickets and paddock passes all free!!!
I would pay just the same.
At first I thought racing though the Astrodome parking lot would be lame..man was I WRONG it was ******* fast. I did go to the first one downtown sponsored by Texaco (it rained) and I agree the track at the dome is way better than downtown.

I missed the American Le Mans Series Friday, but the Turbo Diesel Audis that won their division were on display...badass. The Vettes, Panoz, Aston Martins and the Ferrari teams had their cars out, cool people.

We were sitting on pit row and the cars were flying over the bumps and ******* throwing sparks it was ******* great they were hauling major ***

Great day, great course. They said we can look forward to 5 more years at least....yes I'm hooked. BTW those Mustang Pace cars were flying I want one.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there Saturday. It was a blast, especially in the VIP section!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...b/P1010521.jpg

Search this Thread