BBQ Related Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BBQ Related Question

No I`m not inviting everyone to a BBQ at my house so if your looking for free food and beer stop reading now. I`m looking for a private tunner......... I mean a "meat market" here in Houston were I can buy some BEEF ribs with some meat on them. I`m tired of the vacume packed **** at H-E-B and Kroger that have little meat on them. Just to keep this car related I will be picking up the ribs in my Z28.LOL By the way I did a search and nothing came up Let me know fellas.

Last edited by al; 05-17-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Banned

are you basically looking for a cater?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:00 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SlowTA
are you basically looking for a cater?
No I`m looking for a "meat market" that sells some high quality meat. I live on the NW side, but I am willing to drive any where in the Houston area. I went back and looked at my original post and it may seem like I was looking for the pre cooked vacume packed ribs. I`m looking for some that I can BBQ myself.

Last edited by al; 05-17-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

I've bought some great stuff from Perry's: http://www.perrysrestaurants.com/

Kind of the other side of the world from you, but they have good stuff. I've found I have the best luck with smaller butcher shops, as they tend to take more time to talk to you and make better sub-primals than most supermarket butchers. That said, I have befriended the butchers at my local Krogers, so when they see me come in, they know that I'm a regular.

-Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Starks Bros. on east side of town....Ghetto area but they will make you happy...look them up.

Rick
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Perry's meatmarket is a good place. I have also gotten great ribs at Bay Area Meat Market. It's down by Clear Lake. Just off of Nasa Rd. 1.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

another vote for Perry's .. but also, as mentioned above .. if you are in a bind, go to the local supermarket, and talk to the manager of the meat dept, or head butcher .. you can usually get them to cut you what you want, and it will be much better than what they put out in the cases.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

What about the BBQ joint on 290 west, by the little airport. ( I forget it's name). Maybe the manager will sell you what you need if you ask.

And always ALWAYS remeber this about meat when your shopping for it.
YOU CAN GET A GOOD LOOK AT A T-BONE BY STICKING YOUR HEAD UP A BULLS ***, BUT WOULD'NT YOU RATHER TAKE THE BUTCHERS WORD ON IT !!!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
What about the BBQ joint on 290 west, by the little airport. ( I forget it's name). Maybe the manager will sell you what you need if you ask.

And always ALWAYS remeber this about meat when your shopping for it.
YOU CAN GET A GOOD LOOK AT A T-BONE BY STICKING YOUR HEAD UP A BULLS ***, BUT WOULD'NT YOU RATHER TAKE THE BUTCHERS WORD ON IT !!!

Is that Carl's BBQ your thinking of maybe? Good BBQ there, dunno if they'll cut something for you, but its worth a shot, try there okra/onion rings if you go.

We get jerky from a place called Chapell Hill meat market, and its always good, but i think its kinda far out.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by resurrectedz28
Is that Carl's BBQ your thinking of maybe? Good BBQ there, dunno if they'll cut something for you, but its worth a shot, try there okra/onion rings if you go.

We get jerky from a place called Chapell Hill meat market, and its always good, but i think its kinda far out.
Thats it exactly.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks fellas I didn`t know that Perrys sold uncooked meat. They just opened one a littile over a year ago on my side of town on Cypress Wood. I`m going to give them a call. Yea thats Carl`s on 290. They use to cater at Compaq when I worked there. If you are talking about the Chapple Hill Sausage Co. they don`t sell meat. Just sausage and jerky I think. If Perrys don`t have any beef ribs I`ll try Stark and Bay Area meat market.