anyone knows DFW speed laws?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone knows DFW speed laws?

i have a friend who just got in a wreck. (she's ok.)

here was the situation...

she was at a stop sign crossing a mediated farm to market road. she looked for traffic and saw none, as she was crossing a car came flying over a hill and ran into her totalling both cars. the cop showed up and told her that the other driver was going about 95 mph in a 55 mph zone and when he took the breathalizer test he scored a .3 (.8 being illegal) BUT here's the deal... she got the ticket and all the blame because he had the right of way and she had a stop sign... now if she was a cop and not a 16 year old girl this guy would have probably been in jail for doing 40 mph over the speed limit with somewhere over $1,000 bail. am i right or am i wrong? anyone know the laws of tarant county? and if you do, do you have the references?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

BTW .08 is the legal limit for drinking and driving in TX.. The cop said he was going around 95mph but with out radaring him there really isn't anything they could do about the speed he was going.. If she had the stop sign and pulled out infront of the person it is her fault no matter what speed he was going under Tx law.. It wouldn't matter if she was 16 or a cop if she pulled out infront of someone when they had the right of way.. Glad to hear she is ok though.. If he was going that fast and T-boned here I would think both people would be dead..
Old 05-25-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meh, i would just broke the ******'s neck and claimed that he died on impact.....but then again, i'm a little bit bigger and stronger than a 16-y.o. girl, too, so.....
Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Frankel & Frankel 1-800-843-3647. I would call them.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan03mach
BTW .08 is the legal limit for drinking and driving in TX.. The cop said he was going around 95mph but with out radaring him there really isn't anything they could do about the speed he was going.. If she had the stop sign and pulled out infront of the person it is her fault no matter what speed he was going under Tx law.. It wouldn't matter if she was 16 or a cop if she pulled out infront of someone when they had the right of way.. Glad to hear she is ok though.. If he was going that fast and T-boned here I would think both people would be dead..
not true in my motorcycle wreck i had a old lady pull out in front of me and i got blamed ....... and i was going the speed limit maybe 5 over in a 40 mph zone it was only a ninja 500 anyway ******* old lady looked right at me and went cop showed up and decided to be a hardass and i had 3 witnesses i found out later that told him she just pulled out in front of me and he still gave me the ticket because he thought i had to have been going fast enough that she couldnt have done anything wrong..... i was under my fathers insurance 19 at the time.... and we didnt fight it because he didnt feel like going through all that ****, even though he should have cause the hospital bill was 5 times what the bike cost 6000$, i was in the ER for 20 hours and in the hospital for 5 days and im still got problems because of it.... i still dont know why he didnt fight it.... the thing that pissed me off more than anything once i came back from my concussion and drug induced stupor 4 days later and found out he blamed me for the wreck he said i had to have been going at least 60 mph if not faster with the impact i had if i had been going that fast i would have died on impact i asked the doctors about my injuries and what they thought would have happened if i had been going that fast and they confirmed it..... i ended up with a dislocated finger 3 broken bones in my hand a broken collarbone, seperated shoulder, and a messed up knee, also a pretty good head injury they didnt take the helmet off for like 18 hours i think because they were worried i had broken my neck or fractured my skull or somthing like that -> i had a tire tread going over the top of my helmet from her tire wish i had pics lol.... sorry for the rant that incident still pisses me off to no end, old lady almost kills me and im so fucked up from the wreck that i dont know whats going on and the cop took advantage of that to write me the ticket when i couldnt present my side of the story to him in my defense and he doesnt listen to the witnesses either just the lady and what he thinks happens... i mean isnt that why they were called witnesses

Last edited by NotAv6; 05-26-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Launching!

dan03mach - the cops go through years of training to become official police men, and one of the classes they take is estimating the speed a vehicle is traveling or WAS traveling. the radar is merely a tool to help get an estimate, altho many cops now days only rely on the radar. if he made an estimate, he should be stuck with it.

02z28ls1 - i'm sure i would have done something to him if i had been there after the wreck happened. even if the cops were there i would have had some choice words to say to them. i already have a bad enough rep, considering i've dealt with almost all the cops in my town.

texas_ta - i'm sorry to hear about your accident. that sounds like a really bad wreck and i can't believe the cop COULD do anything about the accident without you there to testify for yourself. the witnesses should have had bigger ***** and spoke up against the old hag rather than letting her get away with it.

Last edited by JoeKnowsBaseball; 05-26-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

good god. punctuation isn't your friend, huh? sorry to hear about the wrecks(both of them) but dammit, that last post killed me to read.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
good god. punctuation isn't your friend, huh? sorry to hear about the wrecks(both of them) but dammit, that last post killed me to read.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:53 AM
SSU Moderator

What's that saying about never wanting a period so bad since my girlfriend told me she was late?

Anyway, everything is up to the cops and if you want to fight anything, get a jury trial and a lawyer, otherwise, just pay it and get it off your record anyway you can. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RyanJ
What's that saying about never wanting a period so bad since my girlfriend told me she was late?

Goddamn that was funny Ryan.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

ya know if i wanted to get graded on my writing id join an english class lol j/p with ya guys that topic gets me a little heated up because im still upset about it but its in the past so oh well